|Date Posted:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 7, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The GIS Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Task Order Manager and/or Design Manager. The GIS Specialist will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Mapping and Database development of existing and proposed existing energy system.
2. Develop geo-referenced database of all energy projects.
3. Coordinate with other LBG-B and V and USAID GIS efforts within Afghanistan.
4. Coordinate GIS efforts with other entities working on Afghan energy.
5. Prepare map products and written reports as directed.
6. Coordinate information collection within the Kabul GIS community.
7. Assist in obtaining unclassified US government satellite data and geospatial data (USGS, USACE, etc).
8. Collect spatial and attribute data as directed using Global Positioning System (GPS), interview and direct observation methods.
9. Develop and implement a spatial data accuracy standard appropriate to specific data collection requirements.
10. Develop and implement a geospatial database as directed. Database design will be based on the ESRI Geo database model and comply with industry methods and practices.
11. Requisition (from appropriate agencies) all required imagery and ancillary data required for database purposes.
12. Maintain database file server software.
13. Coordinate with other agencies and host nation personnel for the purposes of data collection and data interchange management.
14. Prepare and maintain metadata in accordance with industry standards on all data collected or obtained from other sources.
15. Development web based mapping services and products as directed.
16. Carry out any other relevant duties requested by the Task Order Manager or Design Manager.
â€¢ Computer Science or Engineering Degree, GIS experience.
â€¢ 5 years of GIS experience.
â€¢ GIS experience in Afghanistan.
â€¢ Bachelor in the field of Computer.
â€¢ Good working knowledge of English (Level 3).
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values.
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.