|Date Posted:||Feb 20, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is the leading women rights organization in Afghanistan, with 34 facilities in 15 provinces, including 6 Children’s Support Centers (CSC). WAW’s CSCs are the only facilities in Afghanistan that serve children of incarcerated mothers and provide them with world-class education and emotional, physical, and educational care.
To better coordinator WAW’s partnership with various local, national, and international governmental agencies, WAW is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Government and Global Partnerships Coordinator. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with the WAW’s Executive Director and Country Director to follow-up on partnership with various local, national, and occasionally international partnerships needed for the long-term sustainability of CSCs facilities, including securing land, building, in-kind assistance, and endowments. Additionally, s/he will work with the Deputy Executive Director and the Development Director to identify, increase, strengthen, and diversify WAW’s funding sources for WAW’s centers, especially CSCs.
This position will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Development Director and WAW’s Deputy Executive Director based in New York City. This is a full-time, Coordinator position based at WAW’s headquarters in Kabul, Afghanistan, and will offer competitive salary and benefits. Travel, including travel to provincial centers and possible international travel, may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Government and Global Partnerships Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Developing a comprehensive CSC sustainability plan : Work closely with WAW’s senior leadership on creating a proactive and robust comprehensive and realistic plan for CSC sustainability, along with timeline and action plan.
- In-person meetings and phone and email follow-ups: meeting regularly negotiations and conduct regular follow-up calls and emails with various local and national Afghan government officials to secure land, building, material, in-kind, or financial support for CSC facilities.
- Reporting: Taking notes of sustainability meetings and providing regular weekly and monthly update regarding the progress with sustainability plan.
- Drafting sustainability documents: Draft documents such as budget, concept note, MoU, and promotional material in Pashtu, Dari or English as requested by local and national agencies.
- Researching additional sustainability option: Think creatively and proactively to identify and pursue additional private and public sources that are likely to help with CSC sustainability plan.
- Meet with international donors: When required, accompany WAW’s top leadership to meet with international donors either in Afghanistan or in neighboring countries.
As a prerequisite, the Government and Global Partnerships Coordinator must believe in the core values and vision of WAW, in the human rights of all women and girls, and be driven by the mission of the organization. S/he must also have:
● A minimum of five years of professional experience, with strong preference given to working with government bureaucracies and partnership-building experience.
● Demonstrated personal network at government institutions at local and national level.
● Excellent oral presentation and ability to proactively identify and build relationship with potential donors and government agencies.
● Strong fluency in in Spoken of Afghanistan Formal Languages (Dari & Pashtu) and written Dari and Pashtu.
● Ability to comfortably communicate in English, both written and spoken.
● Punctuality and attentiveness to deadlines, reliability (including willingness to work overtime and on weekend as needed), and ability to take initiatives and work independently.
● Four-year college degree, Master’s degree preferred.
● Experience with developing action plan, MoUs, and project budgets.
● Proficiency in Windows, Google, and Microsoft software, basic graphic design and digital publication skills a plus.
● Having access to fast-speed internet at home and ability to work and meet during evenings at least several times a week.
● Punctual response to email communications (including during weekends) is a requirement.
● Ability to travel nationally and when needed, internationally.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested Afghan Applicants should submit their CVs along with cover letter indicating their interest and suitability for the position.
Please indicate the vacancy number (VA#968 Government and Global Partnerships Coordinator clearly in the subject line and send to the following emails: