|Date Posted:||May 30, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 5, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992
This position is to manage activities of the programme in terms of policy advice in close consultation with International Programme Manager and National Programme Manager of the programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Grants & Contract Management Officer he/she will undertake the following duties and responsibilities.
- Review of all social documents related to sub-contract proposals under all functional projects.
- Awarding Community Contracts for all proposals under all functional projects.
- Prepare and submit Business Partner (BP) form for registration to UNON.
- Request UNON for updating banking details of each BP in Umoja.
- Keep track of all ongoing projects.
- Follow up of each sub-contract deadline and remind the related project manager accordingly.
- Preparing of contract extension letter for community, commercial contracts and AoC.
- Preparing of contract amendment letter for community, commercial contracts and AoC.
- Preparing of contract termination letter for both community and commercial contracts.
- Processing of all project payments requested by field offices.
- Make sure the payment request is inspected by PMO prior than submission to finance section.
- Assist in fund obligation for individual sub-contracts in Umoja system when required.
- Keep track of all payments for individual sub contracts under different projects.
- Maintaining good filing system of all sub-contract documents both in hard and soft.
- Preparing related documents for a sub-contract to be approved by ROAP.
- Keep records of signed project.doc, log frame work and work plan in hard and soft.
- Keep track of project budget.
- Preparation of monthly report on issued Community Agreements to ROAP.
- Preparation of Memorandum of Agreements after receiving authorization.
- Follow up of project reports (Quarterly report, Mid-term report and final report)
- Close liaison and effective reporting to senior management on project/programme activities.
- Back stopping head of unit in her/his absence.
Effective reporting to GCM officer on individual sub-project and close interaction with UN-Habitat field offices.
Prepare reports on sub-projects statues and other related results-based reporting to GCM officer.
Coordination with field office regarding reporting of sub- project progress according to proposals.
Prepare comprehensive report on status of proposals and payments for all functional projects.
Required education, experience, language(s) proficiency, and preferred gender
At least a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, housing, architecture, Business studies, Economics or related field.
At least four years of experience in technical overview of sub project progress reports and proposals.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in Dari, Pashto and English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.