|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The Grants Specialist will provide support to the Grants, Subcontracts and Compliance Manager in overseeing all grants administrative. S/he will work closely with Grants, Subcontracts and Compliance Manager in performing other duties in support of the overall grants activities.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain grant status report, relevant grant files and supporting documentation in coordination with the Subcontracts, Grants & Compliance Manager (SGCM)
· Ensure timely review and approval of grantee reports (financial, cost-share, M&E, etc.)
· Monitor and verify grantee expenses to ensure compliance with work plan, grant agreement and applicable USAID rules and regulations
· Coordinate processing of payments to grantees
· Negotiate with potential grantees and finalize proposals and budgets in coordination with SGCM
· Assist Subcontracts, Grants and Compliance Manager in development of RFP/RFA, collection of proposals, organizing bid committees and development of award documents
· Verify that all grant related information is properly stored electronically and backed-up in a structured manner so that data is easily accessible at all times and
· Conduct pre-award surveys and provide feedback
· Review and confirm vetting information with supporting documents and past donors reference checks
· Organize and support orientation sessions and provide technical assistance for grantees regarding reporting formats requirements
· Review and confirm close-out certificate to the grantees
· Travel to provinces as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor degree with 5 years relevant experience or 7 years relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in contract management, business administration or similar field preferred.
· Minimum of 3-4 years of grants management experience in an equivalent position.
· Experience working with contracts and grants for a USG, NGO or an international organization is preferred.
· Experience with USAID and United States Government (USG) project implementation, regulations and procedures relating to subcontracts, grants and or procurements.
· Experience and understanding of the FAR, USAID and USG subcontract rules and regulations.
· Experience and understanding of the different variety grants such as Simplified, Standard, In-Kind, Fixed Obligated Grant and Fixed Amount Grant
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
· Must have the ability to work independently, effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
· Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties as requested by SGCM Manager.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the project.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word