|Date Posted:||Nov 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Dec 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Graphic Designer|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility (H-AICF):
Harakat – Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility Organization (H-AICFO) was established in 2008 and is registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO). Harakat is currently funded by the UK through the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) and Sweden through the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
Harakat’s mission is to support private sector investments, economic growth and employment across Afghanistan. Under the Afghanistan Investment Climate Programme (AICP), Harakat will continue to work with the GIRoA, various stakeholders, and the donor community - to coordinate and promote an enabling business environment that is predictable, easy to comply with, provides equal opportunities, and encourages fair competition.
Harakat is currently delivering the Afghanistan Investment Climate Programme (AICP), co-funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the Swedish International Development co-operation Agency (SIDA).
Very recently H-AICFO has also entered into USAID funded Afghanistan Value Chain – High Value Crops (AVC-HVC) programme to deliver the Afg-Pak Trade and Transit project.
Graphic Designer - role overview
Harakat is looking for a creative Graphic Designer and Photographer who maintains Harakat’s brand, pushes it forward, and produces compelling and shareable creative assets. The Graphic Designer and Photographer will also be key to maintaining Harakat’s brands and promoting our work through visual and print communication. The Graphic Designer and Photographer will work within the Harakat’s team to design and help maintain Harakat’s brand and distribute content through our social media pages, website, email, and other platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As Harakat’s Graphic Designer and Photographer you will hold the following specific responsibilities:
§ Support the development, organization, and creation of all graphic material design/edits/creation requests in accordance with Harakat’s Brand Guidelines
· To work with a range of media, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and other emerging technologies
· Respond to design requests in a timely manner and with excellent internal customer service
- Design Harakat’s reports, newsletters, banners and digital assets, including social media graphics, emails, and website
- Conceptualize creative solutions for printed and digital communications materials, programs, projects, and initiatives
· To carry out photography of all official events and meetings
· Constantly improve image quality using various editing methods
· Use and maintain modern and traditional technical equipment (cameras, lenses, etc.)
· Keep abreast of photographic best practices and procedures
· Capture and process images until you achieve desired results
- Expand Harakat’s branded properties
- Manage Harakat’s creation and storage of our content
- Advise on the growth and development of our assets as well as the design
- Identify opportunities—and develop materials with other relevant staffers—to promote and publicize Harakat’s programs pillars, activities, reports, and content
- Work with the Communication Director and across the organization to manage Harakat’s brand, design portfolio and overall vision
- Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or any other related qualifications including art and design.
· At least 3 years of work experience in graphic design.
· Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, or similar; At least 3 examples of previous works to be listed
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and color management.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English, Dari and Pashto.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience in graphic design, both print and digital
· Professional at multitasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
· Experience working with and strong knowledge of graphic design software
· Creative and innovative, willing to try new approaches to solving old problems
· Excellent communication and interpersonal and skills
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Duration:Fixed till March 31, 2021, with possibility of extension.
Location:Kabul with travel within Afghanistan. This is a full-time, in-country position.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Applicants must submit a complete application that includes:
§ A cover letter outlining your interest in working for Harakat on the AICP. This should cover how your experience, knowledge and skills demonstrate your suitability for the position, as outlined in the Person Specification.
§ A current Curriculum Vitae, with contact information.
§ Three professional references, including one from your last employment.
All submissions must be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org and please write the reference HKT-GD-30 and position title in the subject line of your email.
Credential review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Harakat reserves the right to screen and interview suitable candidates at any time during this period. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. application received after closing date will not be considered.
Women Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.