|Date Posted:||Nov 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) established Central Program Management Office (CPMO) which is a permanent office to provide operational (administration, finance, procurement, reporting, technical and, monitoring and evaluation) support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL. The Project Management Unit (PMU), under the CPMO is responsible for day-to-day implementation of the Project including (i) overall management and coordination of the relevant outputs; (ii) guiding and overseeing the work of the regional Provincial Implementation Units (PIUs); (iii) establishment and implementation of the project performance management system.
The proposed project help strengthen Afghanistan’s horticulture value chain by (i) improving processing efficiency and marketing capacity of domestic agro-business enterprises (ABEs); (ii) modernizing crop production through better planting material, trellising, modern green houses, and on-farm facilities; and (iii) contributing to the national effort in establishing internationally recognized brands of Afghan horticulture produce. It will increase value addition for horticultural commodities produced in eleven (11) provinces in Central, South, and East Afghanistan. As such, the project contribute to increasing import substitution of fresh and processed fruit and vegetables, and expanding exports of high-value fruit, vegetables, and nuts in which the country has a comparative advantage.
The project is aligned with the following impact: improved agricultural productivity and food security. The project will have the following outcome: production and value addition of horticulture products increased. The two outputs are (i) horticulture value-chain infrastructure and facilities improved; and (ii) national capacity for horticulture export expansion and import substitution developed.
The Security Guard will be responsible for the overall security and safety of the regional office and will be working under direct supervision of Admin Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Security Guard duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
· Prevent visitors who are carrying weapons from entering the office compound.
· Manage access of vehicles to the compound ensuring proper inspection is completed.
· Secure the office at the end of the working days.
· Inspect all incoming mails and packages and report immediately to the administration and suspicious package, bags or envelopes.
· Direct visitors to register their details upon entering the office compound.
· Operate the generator as instructed.
· Deal politely and professionally with visitors, staff and colleagues.
· Report for duties in accordance with duty roster.
· Patrol the office compound ensuring the safety and security of the offices, equipment, vehicles and staff.
· Make sure on night shift the premises, equipment and vehicle are secured and security lights are switch on.
· Ensure the non-staff personal are not admitted to the office at any time without clearance from administration.
· Communication through VHF and HF radio if required.
· Working alternatively night/day shift according to schedule if required.
· Immediately advice management of any suspicious activity or any event that represent a security risk to staff, equipment, vehicles or compound.
· Alerts everyone in case of any serious threat.
· Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
The Security Guard would have the following:
Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Primary school or High school graduate
· Good communication and problem solving skills.
· Ability to speak and write in Dari and Pashto, and understanding English will be in asset.
· Maintain good working relationship with his colleagues and other departments.
· Physical fitness and agility are essential.
· Must provide guarantee letters from government official.