|Date Posted:||Feb 12, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 15, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace (ROP) is a humanitarian, not-for-profit organization focused on the removal of land mines and the restoration of agriculture in former conflict zones. ROP implements the Commercial Horticulture and Agricultural Marketing Program (CHAMP), which is a four-year program, funded by USAID in Afghanistan. The Program is implemented in the following Provinces: Kandahar, Helmand, Zabul, Uruzgan, Nangarhar, Laghman, Kunar, Nuristan, Ghazni, Logar, Wardak, Bamyan, Paktya, Paktika, and Khost. CHAMP offers farmers the opportunity to establish new orchards and new vineyards and/or to install trellising on existing vineyards. The Program will be quite similar to the World Bank MAIL-HLP orchards establishment program being implemented by ROP in Northern and Central Afghanistan. CHAMP will be responding to farmer demand for the species of trees and grapes to plant. We expect that in the higher altitudes, farmers will demand apples, almonds, apricots, walnuts and some grapes. In the lower altitudes, farmers will demand citrus, apricot, pomegranate and some almonds. We will select farmers for participation based on their agreement to pay a portion of the cost of the saplings, trellising and/or other materials provided by CHAMP.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Security guard is responsible to safeguard, patrol and monitor any theft or violence in the premises where he has been assigned duty
2. The security guard is responsible for serving his employer by providing safety against any law violator and determining any sort of disturbances that will incur losses to the client.
3. Never let the unknown visitors inside the office, except ROP staff or authorized persons.
4. Investigate about the visitorâ€™s purpose and cencerned person in office to whom he/she wants to meet
5. The guard works in a particular location for specific hours. He may be assigned with security systems, like, alarms, arms, close circuit security cameras, etc. As part of the job profile, the security guard closely monitors the visitors as well as the property. Some employees assign the security guard to monitor the entry and exit of employees. For those who are employed for mobile positions, the security guard either patrols on foot or roams in scooters and / or cars. He is assigned a defined zone for performing security checks.
6. The job for security guard also includes writing daily reports regarding the activities and any disturbances occurring during his serving period. If unusual circumstances, like, entry of unauthorized individuals or property damages occur during his duty period, then he should include these in the report. Such a security report serves as a reference tool for determining possible damages to the client or company. In case of fire and other emergencies, the guard should call fire departments or other appropriate service providers. Last but not the least, the security guard also checks lights, alarm system, windows, doors and gates.
7. Must have an official right from his concerned organization to fire in a very crititcal situation if occurs
8. Every visitor has to be registered in the registration book of the watchman.
9. Make sure that no visitor enters the office without confirmation that the respective ROP staff in the office wants to meet this person.
10. Make sure that no cars park in front of the entrance way of the office.
11. Check the street regularly for suspicious vehicles, bags or other items.
12. Keep the key for the entrance door and always keep the door locked.
13. Check regularly whether the lights outside work and inform the Admin Manager about any damage.
14. Take over additional related tasks on request.
15. Be alret to any suspicious event, person or matters and inform the admin manger immediately
12th Grade or lesser.
2 years work experiene with international organizations or private sectors