|Date Posted:||Mar 15, 2010|
|Reference:||MACCA 2010 / 03/ 02|
|Closing Date:||Mar 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
Guest House Maintenance Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of Admin, Finance and Logistics, the Guest House Maintenance Manager shall be responsible to perform the following duties and responsibilities during the period of assignment with MACCA-UNOPS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide oversight of and ensure maintenance of MACCA-UNOPS Guest Houses in Kabul City, maintaining adequate living standards for International Staff Members.
2. To carry out efficient maintenance operations of MACCA-UNOPS Guest Houses, including water systems, plumbing, electrical and equipment, ensuring the prompt handling of routine as well as emergency repairs.
3. To implement a continuous programme of preventive maintenance, renovation and any required construction based on UNOPS policies and MACCA approvals.
4. To coordinate and liaise with relevant Government departments in relation to payment of Guest House utilities, keeping record of all bills and payments.
5. Monitor electric meters to ensure accuracy and functions.
6. To provide daily administrative support to the nominated Guest House focal points.
7. To maintain orderly maintenance and procurement files, inventories of UNOPS property and prepare monthly financial expenditure statements for each Guest House.
8. To maintain a log book of maintenance of generators installed in Guest Houses and ensure regular monthly maintenance routines.
9. To liaise with MACCA Admin Petty Cash Custodian for procurement of items of general maintenance.
10. To assist in any other activities within his/her professional competence that is required by his/her supervisor.
â€¢ Secondary Education with 1 -2 years of relevant experience.
â€¢ Ability to speak, understand, read and write in English
â€¢ Ability to operate general office equipment
â€¢ Basic computer skills (MS Excel and World).