|Date Posted:||Jul 22, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/ Hardware Technician (IT Directorate)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 1, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Install hardware, software and device drivers on standalone computers.
Test computers peripherals, hardware and software to ensure that they are working appropriately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
3. Install hardware, software and device drivers on standalone computers.
4. Test computers peripherals, hardware and software to ensure that they are working appropriately.
5. Install and configure Projectors, monitors, Scanners, copiers and printers.
6. Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Computers, Projectors, monitors, Scanners, copiers and printers.
7. Develop and maintain an inventory of all Projectors, monitors, keyboards, hard drives, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
8. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
9. Act as a technical resource in order to assist users with resolving computer issues.
10. Any other tasks assigned by the IT Director,
At least 14th in Computer Science and Bachelor degree highly preferred in these fields
At least 2- 3 years of experience in relevant field.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Familiar with Heavy printers, Copiers, computers.
Must be updating Certified CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, with past 3 to 5 years’ experience in enterprise network, organization or Data Center.
Certified in at least one of the Microsoft, EC-Council, CompTIA, Cisco certifications
Languages: Pashto, Dari and English.