|Date Posted:||Apr 27, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 5, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily round of patients and ensure the completion of nursing assessments for all patients in line with standard procedures.
2. Assist in ensuring individual patient care needs assessed by the assigned staff.
3. Make round with physicians to know about patients treatment plan.
4. Ensure that physician orders are carried out accurately and timely.
5. Assist in the delivery of optimum care to meet complex needs of patients specific to his/ her area.
6. Ensure safe administration of medications and patient education regarding the effects of medications.
7. Assist in making daily staff assignments according to the acuity trends and patient care needs.
8. Provide complete transmission to the shift supervisor. Ensure all reportable cases are communicated to shift supervisor verbally and through transmission reports.
9. Assist in identifying the learning needs of bedside nurses and plan their training in coordination with NES or independently.
10. Guide bedside nurses and other trainees in patient care area.
11. Mentor newly inducted nurses during their probationary period via complete competency based orientation (CBO) checklist.
12. Ensure that regular checking of special assignments is done by assigned staff e.g. narcotics, crash cart, stock etc. on daily rounds.
13. Ensure satisfaction of all admitted and discharged patients.
14. Listen and respond to patient complains appropriately and follow complain handling process.
15. Take prompt and appropriate actions in an emergency/ disaster situation.
16. Assist in conflict or crises situation in patient care areas.
17. Establish a collaborative working relationship with support services in order to facilitate the timely delivery of patient care.
18. Coordinate with all stakeholders; head nurse operating room, triage, medical and surgical floors and all related physicians and surgeons for patient care matters.
19. Know, understand and abide by the policies and procedures of nursing division and the hospital.
20. Adhere to the infection control practices and follow asepsis.
21. Establish goals and objectives, quality plan.
22. Develop, strengthen and implement unit relevant policies for incorporating appropriate system for smooth functioning of the unit.
23. Monitor and update the unit indicators.
24. Participate in internal quality audits and follow-up on findings.
25. Ensure that patients' health teaching needs are assessed.
26. Ensure timely, comprehensive and complete nursing documentation which meets nursing quality standards.
27. Any other task assigned b administrator nursing division.
Candidates should be/have:
Nursing diploma registered with the relevant entities i.e. MoPH/ MoHE.
Nursing degree is preferred.
Preferable 5 years of experience
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES (State skills, abilities & traits required)
Basic life support (BLS) provider
Pediatric advanced life support (PALS) provider/Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) provider Neonatal resuscitation program
Medication certification module for RNs
Peripheral intravenous cannulation (PIVC)
Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately.
Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with team members.
Ability to cope with stressful situations.
Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment to the institution and customers and clear accountability.
Travel within or outside the country for short/long term trainings/mission when needed.
Good skills in Computer programs specially in MS Office programs