|Date Posted:||Jan 8, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 23, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghan National Standards Authority:
Extend leadership in the fashioning of programmes, projects and activities at provincial level that are consistent with the aims, objectives and policies of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system of administration and Finance and management of provinces offices in consultation with the provinces relation manager
2. In consultation with province relations manager design and develop programmes, projects and activities that are consistent with organization directions and policy
3. Establish a sound managerial and supervisory system to cover, inter alia, contracting for the supply of goods and services, and payments therefore
4. Ensure that an administrative and finance database is established and operated correctly.
5. Establish a system of consultation and coordination with stakeholders and meet their representatives on regular basis.
6. Ensure timely and efficient implementation of projects at sub-national level.
7. Ensure that safety measures are fully observed at the laboratories
8. Develop strategic plans for the regional office, and report periodically to the head quarter offices
9. Preparation of budget, allotments and other necessary financial documents of the province office
10. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. Action plan implemented.
2. On time preparation of budget and allotments.
3. The administrative functions of the provincial office operate smoothly and according to good standards financial control.
4. Safety measures are properly observed and are applied in laboratories.
5. Strategic plan of ANSA properly implemented.
6. Periodic report of the province activities are regularly sent to head quarter.
7. Administrative and Financial procedures and financial reports are in place.
The Head of Balkh Office shall report to the Provincial relation Manager.
â€“ Minimum requirements
1. Masterâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration with 3 years of relevant working experience in senior related positions/or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
2. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
â€“ Desirable attributes
1. Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
2. Knowledge of English
3. experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends;
4. Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
5. Good writing skills, with experience in preparing precise and detailed narrative reports;
6. Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.