|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent is a strategic and operational leader with deep expertise in consumer/microfinance banking and a reputation for leading a successful transformation for a client-centric, innovation focused financial institution. S/he will define the business strategy and must have an excellent understanding of all digital channels that lead to service innovation to achieve the bank's social mission while reaching and maintaining financial sustainability. The position will also be responsible for FMFB-A’s brand and marketing activities, linked to reputation management.
Provinces to travel:
Skills: Excellent command of spoken and written English; sufficient level of computer literacy, statistical and analytical skills, communication/interpersonal skills, being well versed with widely recognized banking standards, and supervising, coaching/guiding skills.
Personal Traits: Believing in, and being committed to job; eloquence, high ability to communicate, a good understanding of the nature of the job requirements and the position of the bank in the market around it/country and the region; social concern, enthusiasm to the job, integrity; good public relations; believing in, and in practice promoting staff development via coaching and mentoring.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Driving product strategy, manage product life cycles and/or go-to-market campaigns in a digital/interactive/mobile/web environment.
2) Understanding “customers’ needs and mentality”, including reasons for accessing products and services, distribution channels and mechanisms, and product/service types and introducing innovation and industry best practices with a view to fulfilling customer needs.
3) Driving the development and direction of product and service research aimed at improving current products; generating new ideas for digital financial services; and testing/piloting them to meet customer needs.
4) Evaluating the financial impact of product development on budgets and on sustainability projections.
5) Find new opportunities for expanding the institution’s products including innovative solutions to tackle operational challenges (improving client satisfaction and retention, eliminating operational bottlenecks, etc.).
6) Supporting senior management to shape a values-based future for the bank, identifying new sustainable banking opportunities, and upholding the GABV agenda.
7) Developing and implementing systems/mechanisms to:
a) Track and monitor product and service uptake by type and constituency.
b) Monitor and evaluate existing and new products and services and their impact/effect on clients.
c) Modify products to better meet needs.
Product Management: In cooperation/consultation with Line Manager:
1) Develop and manage product/channel innovation strategy for the bank (products, positioning, pricing, delivery channel/s), and manage corresponding support activities (staffing, training, IT issues, setting targets, reporting tools) in collaboration with other departments.
2) Build cases for, managing and communicating strategic initiatives to both key stakeholders and diverse internal teams.
3) Develop a system to track and monitor, analyze and report on product-wise uptake of all products and services.
4) Develop quantifiable indicators that can measure progress in relation to clients’ improvements in quality of life and social performance.
5) Undertake relevant studies, as requested by management, on the analysis of the market, clientele needs, the adequacy of existing products, market demand, industry’s best practices and benchmarks, and alignment with the vision.
6) Participate in developing the policies and standard operation procedures for all new or modified products and/or services launched by the bank as per the business plan.
7) Administer product related client and staff satisfaction surveys annually (this includes assessing and tracking client retention).
Grants and Technical Assistance:
1) Work with the bank’s management and AKAM to pursue additional funding for new product development.
2) Assist in preparing TORs and other documentation for any new Technical Assistance (TAs) and donor grants.
3) Review reports submitted by the TA consultants; ensure compatibility with mission ToR, overall TA goals, consultant proposals, etc.
4) Prepare reports, studies and presentations as per the management needs.
Marketing & Brand Management:
1) Responsible for brand management of FMFB-A in line with the AKAM Brand Manual.
2) Promotion of products and services on request of business units.
3) Development and implementation of institutional marketing strategy, including activities in Above the Line (ATL) and Below the Line (BTL) activities.
4) Third party management, including vendors, creative and advertising agencies.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education: Master in Business Administration or other relevant.
Experience: 10 years’ experience in consumer banking or microfinance, preferably within product development and marketing.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter and fill the FMFB standard job application form (click here to get the form) via email (email@example.com) no later than 25-May-19
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.