|Date Posted:||Jan 17, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Feb 5, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research.
MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more info: www.mobygroup.com
The incumbent must be able to ensure his/her teams continue to collaborate effectively and ensure that audiences get the best value from the original journalism produced by the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads Current Affairs department editorial and managerial decision making
• Develop and manage a team of editors
• Manage the matters related to current affairs
• Provide quality content for current affairs shows including securing exclusive interviews on weekly basis with direct consultation (and approval on sensitive matters) with line manager
• Present shows and conduct regular interviews when needed
• Ensures that the editors work together in a coordinated way to make the very best of their journalism
• Ensures, through the editors, the compliance of all output
• Plays a key role in contributing to news activities and aims
• Considers diversity in all decisions involving on-air talent and staff
• Perform other related duties as assigned by line manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, Dari or Pashto literature, or related field required
• 5-7 years’ experience in editing news
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to project a sense of trustworthiness
• Must have knowledge in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and more
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software