|Date Posted:||Aug 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 10, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
This position is expected to develop, implement, and maintain procedures, policies, and standards to continuously improve institutional IT efficiency. Provide leadership to the IARCSC/ ministries/ donor community in the development and use of administrative information systems, works closely with Implementing partners, department heads, ministries to identity information systems requirements, communicate institutional requirement to vendors and outside organizations, and is the primary communicator of IARCSC status risks, issues, and expectation in term of information technology . Approximately 50% of time spent in support of IARCSC modules.
The IARCSC needs a energetic person for the database implementation in ministries who must possess strong managerial and problem solving skill to resolve issues within the IARCSC and ministries and must poses excellent communication/ presentation skill who facilitate/ negotiate issues with the senior officials in ministries and IARCSC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Identify critical business issues and develop workable solutions for IARCSC and ministries as well MIS associates. These solutions may include:
2. Enhance existing core applications and or new software packages.
3. Define MIS standards and policies in compliance with IARCSC policies.
4. Identify, recommend, and manage deployment of best breed hardware and software upgrades and purchases for IARCSC.
5. Prepare and manage the management information systems operating and capital budgets.
6. In conjunction with users/ IT managers, prepare, test and maintain a disaster recovery plan for administrative system.
7. In conjunction with users/ IT manager, develop and maintain documentation procedures, security and training of staff members and end users of administrative systems.
8. Maintain professional expertise in administrative computing systems and technology
9. Prepare strategy plan for CSC database Unit
10. Prepare unified database report system.
11. Prepare monthly / quarterly and annually progress (MIS) reports.
12. Conduct training for all computer users including database staff within CSC for better planning performance and reporting skills.
1. Implementation of the action plan
2. MIS policies and procedures are established.
3. Policies, Procedures; and necessary system are in place
4. Improved team work among the MIS Directorate
5. Documents of seminars, workshops on MIS issues exist
The Head of MIS shall report to Director General Services Management IARCSC.
1. At least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science and other IT related fields or Business Administration, Public Administration.
2. Four years of relevant experience
3. Excellent Knowledge and skills of system installation, configuration administration; integration application, multimedia development and project management, databases and client/ sever development SQL preferred project management and application development methodologies.
1. Significant experience in planning, including the formulation of aims and objective, with demonstrated ability in setting and managing priorities
2. Good understanding of e- government policies and procedure
3. Good understanding of international best practices in the MIC area
4. Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends
5. Energetic, purposeful, aware of the importance of details, efficient and considerate in the use of resources, reliable and able to act quickly
6. Personnel and functional management experience required
7. Willing and able to guide, support and encourage others in the performance of their duties
8. Willing to devote his out of duty time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public services
9. Very good interpersonal and organizational skill and the ability to work under pressure;