|Date Posted:||Aug 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 10 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. According to the mid-term strategy of the bank, the branch network and operation of this company will be expanded rapidly in the coming 1 year time. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
The Head of Marketing is responsible for developing, establishing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives; and to look after effective management of the marketing, advertising, promotional activities and public relation of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising, promotional and public relation activities.
2. Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products and gain competitor information.
3. Oversee and ensure timely and professional production and delivery of Bankâ€™s commercials, publications, promotional materials, press and media communication and other marketing stuff.
4. Seek active in the market for sponsoring groups, activities or events for marketing and promotion purposes.
5. Execute communications and marketing programs designed to increase business by attracting new/prospect clients.
6. Propose creative marketing approaches to drive business and address key business challenges and opportunities in the market.
7. Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.
8. Monitor competitive position within applicable customer segments and overall industry through on-going customer and market research and industry studies.
9. Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects.
10. Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results.
11. Cooperate in assembling and editing of Bankâ€™s magazine/newsletter
12. Determine and manage the marketing budget.
13. Design and implement campaigns to deepen existing relationships.
14. Consistently looks for ways to highlight the bankâ€™s activities through media coverage.
15. Responsible for planning, organizing and directing Bankâ€™s internal and external events.
16. Liaison with media and advertising companies.
17. Provide leadership for all public relation activities and manages relationship with the media.
18. Compose, edit and circulate the Bankâ€™s public relation materials i.e. news release, fact sheet, articles etc.
19. Ensure that all required legal and compliance approvals of all marketing and public relation materials are completed, and maintain in centralized files for audit purposes.
â€¢ University degree, preferably in Marketing/Sales or Business Management field.
â€¢ At least 5 years experience in managerial level in Marketing field.
â€¢ Past experience in Banking will be an advantage.
â€¢ Able to concisely articulate and explain banking product needs and solutions.
â€¢ Knowledge of developing and maintaining marketing strategies.
â€¢ Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
â€¢ Professional and innovative.
â€¢ Persuasiveness and disciplined.