|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2021|
|Reference:||AT - 000068|
|Closing Date:||May 10, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 - 12 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About ALEF Technology:
ALEF Technology established in 2004, is Afghanistan’s leading broadcast technical services
and critical power company, providing turnkey end-to-end communication and power
solutions to corporate customers. Alef employs best of class technology infrastructure
including high performance satellite uplink and downlink through a long-term partnership
with Abu Dhabi-based satellite services provider YahLive, microwave towers and an
interactive voice response hardware platform. ALEF’s clients include Afghanistan’s
broadcast media companies, Telecom companies, government entities, banks, and
educational institutions. ALEF has a leading market position built on the back of long-term,
top-tier customer relationships. ALEF’s primary operations are based in Kabul.
ALEF Technology operates in four main markets: Broadcast Services and Distribution,
Critical Power Solutions, IT and Data Centre provision and VAS.
ALEF Technology is an authorized distributor and service partner of APC by Schneider
Electric and ORTEA (made in Italy) in Afghanistan, Vertiv is an American, Ohio-based
provider of equipment and services, and GNB Industrial Power and Exide Technologies is
the leading battery manufacturing industry, in Afghanistan. ALEF’s power business
provides predominantly uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, stabilizers, solar
solution, battery solutions and diesel generators maintenance services. Also, it provides
services for digital voltage stabilizers, digital line conditioners, static voltage stabilizers,
isolation transformers, magnetic components, electrical equipment, and automatic power
factor correction systems. ALEF also supplies IT equipment and provides data center
solutions. The latter includes offering highly secure colocation, hosting, and disaster
recovery services to clients in Afghanistan.
InFrontier is a London-based FCA authorised and regulated private equity firm focused on
frontier markets. InFrontier is the first international private equity group to have a full time
team and active investments in Afghanistan. InFrontier’s aim is to generate commercial
returns to investors whilst support socio-economic development in the world’s most
InFrontier has 33.3% share in ALEF Technology, that enables to grow its range of
broadcast services, including managed Playout, to both the Afghan and international
markets, providing a substantial cost saving to clients who will benefit from the experience
of ALEF Technology’s team in Kabul and providing a major growth opportunity for the
We have a fantastic new job opportunity available to be our primary representative for Alef Technology within the Afghanistan, the incumbent will perform a key role within Alef to promote our product portfolio offerings and drive new business opportunities.
The incumbent will also be responsible for planning and implementing strategic sales activities targeting all corporate entities in addition, he will manage the complete sale process from lead generation to order confirmation.
Head of Marketing will be supported by our central operations team to support you and ensure you will have all the tools to be successful in the post.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities in Marketing:
· Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
· Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
· Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
· Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
· Partner with email, performance marketing and web teams to design, test and evolve lead nurturing tactics
· Develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-- facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
· Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with Alef management about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
· Developing, maintaining, and updating Alef website, social media pages on regular basis
· Develop new idea related to the core business market of Alef Technology
Key Responsibilities in Sales:
· Build and manage a portfolio of contacts/customers and to actively promote Alef services
· Identifying key clients aligned with the strategic focus of Alef and develop and implement workable business development plans to sell the Alef service catalogue and grow revenues within clearly defined market.
· Meeting with customers, making professional presentations, initiating the preparation of proposals, communicating proposals to customers, and negotiating to achieve a successful resolution.
· Serving as a liaison between the customer and the functional areas within Alef that contribute to the proposal process and ultimately providing Alef services.
· Generating and maintaining record within a CRM system to track customer contacts, proposal generation, and customer specific information
· To achieve the goals & objectives of the organization based on given budgeted targets and Business plans for the specific time.
· Reporting about competitors’ activities, products, promotions and their future plans, and updating the Sales Management about the same in a timely manner.
· Gathering information from the market, analysing the information and regularly sending of the information and reports to Sales Management
· Saved costs by effectively negotiating vendor prices, terms of sales and service agreements.
· Supervise sales team to ensure optimal productivity to drive client retention.
· Established sales goals and strategies that contributed to increased growth in sales and profitability Assist in Sales and procurement of Alef IT and Power Departments
· Work Closely with Alef’s Sales Team
· The candidate must have experience within the broadcast / media / satellite industry & IT
· Must be able to demonstrate a strong sales background and ability to close order
· The candidate must be articulate, personable, and confident when dealing with Clients both in face-to-face meetings and over the phone. This is predominantly a client facing role, and the candidate must be capable of managing senior client relationships on a daily basis
· The candidate must be comfortable working as part of a team or on their own being independent and happy to work with little supervision
· 10 years of proven professional experience in Marketing & Sales with multinational companies in managerial /supervisor position
· Fluency in English and local languages
· Must be graduate of Business, Master degree is preferred
· Computer Skills focus on Excel and PPT programs
· Ability to develop strategy
· Ability to analyse and present the performances
· Ability to manage senior staff
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.