|Date Posted:||Jan 18, 2011|
|Reference:||ARTF/ GDPDM /MCP/371/01/2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 31, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Capacity Building for Result (CBR) IARCSC:
The O and M and Reconstruction Department is responsible for the operations, maintenance and reconstruction related issues at the Presidential Compound. This includes repair, reconstruction and construction of buildings, roads, surrounding walls, maintaining of the current building, which include looking after water supply, sewerage, supply of electricity, etc.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of O and M and Reconstruction Department, the incumbent will be responsible for overall management of the M and E Section on day to day basis. He/she will be overseeing the overall project implementation from all aspects including timely completion, quality assurance, work completion according to the agreed designs and specifications. One of the important tasks of this person will be contract management of the contractors and consultants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor
â€¢ Reviewing, commenting and coordinating the work program and plan for contract fulfillment with the contractors;
â€¢ Closely monitoring of the projects progress and preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of the projects implementation and updating the physical and financial status of the project accordingly.
â€¢ Elaborating/ developing the mechanism for data collecting and information systematization;
â€¢ Developing and coordinating the list of monitoring indicators and evaluation criteria;
â€¢ Preparing proposals for developing the electronic format of the information, strengthening data collection, quality of data and information use; monitoring and evaluation system for decision-making process;
â€¢ Identifying major institutional and technical problems of the implementation, making suggestions for solutions or mitigation and discussing these with the concerned stakeholders;
â€¢ Overseeing the estimating and costing of projects;
â€¢ Establishing a data base of materials cost based on the information collected from the projects and market; and continuously updating the materials cost database on quarterly basis;
â€¢ Review feasibility reports, preliminary and final designs, technical specifications prepared by the consultants, and advise on project analyses, studies, evaluation, design, costing, to ensure appropriate technical quality in the projects;
â€¢ Guide the related staff on their daily duties; and assign staff for monitoring progress of various projects under implementation. Provide required inputs to staff on related issues;
â€¢ Coordination with other engineers, departments with the O and M and Reconstruction Department on project implementation;
â€¢ Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
â€¢ Any other related duties as assigned by the head of O and M and Reconstruction or Deputy Chief of Staff.
1. Action plan is implemented
2. Proper mechanism for data collection and information among the different department should be established.
3. In order to implement the ongoing project in the Chief of Staff Office an effective method of Monitoring and Evolution should taken place.
4. Sound relation and proper channel of information exchange should be developed.
5. Material cost based data base for information collection from the project and market established.
Apart from all reports required (daily, weekly, monthly)â€”as may be required by the Head of O and M and reconstructionâ€”the incumbent will also be reporting on quarterly basis, explaining all the result achieved, problems faced, recommendations, and the ways forward to the Director of O and M and reconstruction department.
1. Master degree in civil Engineering, Architecture other related field with 3 years of experience in designs, construction management, or related field either in government, international organizations, public sector or NGO/Or a Bachelor degree with the above requirement with 5 years of related working experience.
2. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills in MS. Office are required, Engineering Software is preferable.
1. Extensive Management skill is required.
2. Familiarity with Afghanistan National Development Strategy and London Compact
3. Demonstrated ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of briefs and studies on multi-dimensional area.
4. Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to defend and explain difficult issues with respect to key decisions; Proven ability to plan and organize work of staff under supervision;
5. Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with in-depth understanding of strategic direction of the Organization.
6. Willingness to delegate appropriate responsibility. - Ability to work under tight deadlines and in stressful conditions, exercise sound judgment, good decision-making skills, tact and excellent negotiation skills.
7. Ability to create an enabling work environment; excellent interpersonal skills, ability to gain the trust of the staff, their assistance and cooperation in team endeavor.
8. Excellent Knowledge of Dari and / or Pashto and working knowledge of other, as well as, working knowledge of English.
9. Good computer skills and use of relevant software applications.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.