|Date Posted:||Jan 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Head of PMU (HPMU) will have the overall management responsibility of the Unit functions in Kapisa Province. He will report to the provincial governor on the ASOP implementation status and any issues pertaining to setting-up effective council in the district. The HPMU will coordinate with the District Liaison on facilitating technical and operational aspects of the Program in the province. He will provide over sight to the functions of the two officers and will look after the safety of the PMU equipment and assets. He will more specifically:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Educate local officials and communities on ASOP during formal and informal sessions.
2. Provide leadership, organization, and time management.
3. Collaborate with senior provincial and district officials and community leaders on selecting effective and influential members for the local Council.
4. Provide assistance and leadership in establishing and maintaining cordial relations with provincial and district officials and tribal community leaders.
5. Coordinate with local officials on the design and implementation of capacity developing interventions for the local Council Members.
6. Provide over sight on financial and administrative matters of ASOP in the province, including assurance on the delivery and distribution of monthly salary to the council members.
7. Provide leadership on drafting and preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports from the province.
8. Provide leadership to District Liaisons on ASOP implementation matter and maintaining confidentiality, including progress to-date, analysis of prevailing
1. Bachelor degree in social sciences, education or a closely related field.
2. Four to six years of work experience in community development, community mobilization and management with International organizations
3. The candidate should have managerial skills such as financial management, monitoring and evaluation, staff management and supervision, negotiation skills, etc.
4. Prior experience working in Kapisa province is essential. The candidate should be from Kapisa province or be residing in Kapisa province.
5. Oral and written fluency in English, Dari and Pashto