|Date Posted:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 11, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
.The Head of Program has the responsibility to manage overall program activities and directing WAW’s strategy in an effective and efficient manner in collaboration with the country director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervise all program activities in Kabul and provinces to be implemented in accordance with approved logical frame work and set objectives between WAW and donors.
• Monitor and control all program activities in CSCS, FGCs, Half way house and TH for appropriate implementation
• Find out and address all challenges of the program and coordinate with donors for solution before donor catch it up and recorded as findings on WAW.
• Meet with donors on regular basis along with Country Director and communicate the challenges back with program managers to address the changes and help them to be aware of the comments and solution.
• Work closely with provincial managers and set specific objectives relevant to the logical framework and MOU signed between WAW and donor.
• Identify and Review the success story of the program in each province and highlight it to the donor as achievements of WAW Program implementation.
• Review the work plan of provincial managers, CSCs Managers, M&E and Reporting Officers on monthly basis and ensure the relevant objectives are included in the work plan for better achievements of donor expectations.
• Assist Country Director in developing WAW Program Strategic Plan and execution
• Conduct lessons learned sessions on regular basis and share it with program team for better improvements.
• Communicate the mission and vision of the program for WAW Staff and help them to understand how to move to the right direction to achieve goals.
• Reconcile the executed reporting activities of regional offices related to under coverage provinces and presenting it to the country director
• Provide consultation and guidance to the program in effective implementation of the policies and procedures.
• Ensure production of quarterly assessments of project implementation and detailed bi-annual assessments measuring progress
• Strategic responsibility of overseeing projects/program and M&E of WAW projects/programs, coordinating the respective activities with the associated departments’ staff
• Establish and maintain coordination with the other departments of the organization to meet the deadlines and the implement the organization’s plans successfully
Regular visit of WPC,TH and HH
• Bachelor’s degree in BBA, Bachelor in Law or Social Science
• 5 years’ relevant work experience with NGOs preferably with women and child focused intervention
• Well equipped with sound knowledge and skills in Log Frame and project work plan preparation and implementation
• A deep-rooted understanding of and familiarity with Afghan culture
• Substantial experience conducting advocacy work in domestic and international arenas
• Demonstrated ability to develop and support high-functioning teams
• Experience and comfort working with religious leaders and communities
● Excellent public presentation skills Integrity in all aspects of personal and professional conduct
● Knowledge of managing people and staff conflict resolution
● Ability in problems root finding and solution and analytical skills
● Good communications, interpersonal and team work skills
● Knowledge of project cycle management
• Written and verbal fluency in Dari and English, Fluency in Pashtu is highly desirable
● Extensive financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
● Experience working with diverse funders, include the United States government, multilateral institutions, philanthropic entities, and private donors
● Meticulous attention to detail, accompanied by an ability to stay focused on big picture goals
● Strong organizational, supervisory, inspirational and relationship-building skills
● Courage, humor, commitment, integrity and an unwavering sense of purpose