|Date Posted:||Jun 4, 2018|
|Reference:||MCIT - ENID - 004|
|Closing Date:||Jun 14, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of communication and IT:
based on it services and electronic government
MCIT intends to hire a Head of Technical Unit; the objective of this assignment is to support e-NID project in the Technical areas under the project
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Create a successful technical project plan for successful execution and implementation of project.
2. Review the functional system, documentation, security infrastructure, data quality strategies and integration services of current system and provide recommendations for improvements.
3. Manage technical team in most efficient and effective approach, and by motivating, inspiring and mentoring technical team.
4. Establishment of disaster recovery plan and implementation.
5. Manage stakeholder’s expectations by providing solutions with highest level of standards and best software practices.
6. Implementing strategies so that the current network system could scale with increase in number of users and duty stations.
7. Continuously monitor system performance, optimization, uptime and security.
8. Make sure data are stored/replicated and monitored in most efficient way.
9. Providing timely reports on implementation and progress of project.
10. Initiate purchase order and manage the overall Procurement status of required software tools for the department.
11. Provide guidance on current strength, weakness, growth opportunities of current information system infrastructure.
12. Performance evaluation of technical team.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Application or Information Technology is required.
10 years of proven working experience in IT management or relevant experience.
Excellent knowledge in all areas of SDLC.
Very good Knowledge of Agile Methodology.
Good knowledge of SolarWinds or other network monitoring tools.
Good knowledge of database performance tuning, optimization.
Practical experience on implementation of high availability, disaster recovery using operating system and database infrastructure.
Excellent knowledge of Transactions and database backups.
Excellent knowledge of Replication, mirroring, always on, clustering.
Strong knowledge of RAID Configuration
Excellent knowledge of T-sql, plsql
Very good knowledge of encryption mechanism, ssl and security best practices.
Good knowledge of IIS, Apache, Configuration management.
Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming in (C#, JAVA or any other high-level programming language).
Excellent knowledge of system integration and tools SSIS, power BI.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and strong organizational and time management skills.
Excellent data analytics and reporting skills.
Excellent project management skills, PMP certification preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong Negotiation/Delegation Skills.
Industry Certification MUST (CISCO/ORACLE/LINUX).