|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About ATR Consulting:
-Assess, Transform & Reach Consulting (ATR) is a company registered in Afghanistan which provides consulting services in capacity development, monitoring and evaluation, assessment and research. ATR consulting was established with the objective to provide high quality services in the fields of local governance, stabilization, rural development and social research. In line with the ATR commitment to deliver high quality services, the Office Assistant is expected to work with the highest standards of professionalism and to develop her/his own expertise to the highest possible level.
We are looking for a Translator to interpret written and audio pieces from Pashto and Dari into English and vise versa, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone.
Translator responsibilities include reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work. To be successful in this role you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in at least two languages in addition to your native language.
Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
Requires travel to provinces:
Fluency in English and Pashtu speaking /writing skills are required.
Excellent computer skills with advance MS Office and Excel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the translation work of the three units of the company
- Distribute translation tasks to in-house translators according to the linguistic skills of each, and ensure timeliness of assigned tasks
- Ensure accurate filing and archiving of all translations
- Translating data collection tools, guidelines, training materials, and official letters from English to Pashtu
- Translating documents and data collected in the field from Pashtu to English
- Developing lexicons on specific topics and ensuring that translations are standardized and clear to the targeted readers
- Reviewing translations to ensure they accurately reflect the original documents
- Delivering translating documents on time
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- At least 12th class graduated, preferably English literature Department graduated.
- 3 years working experience in Translation field.
To apply, send your CV with a letter explaining what you can bring to the organization to:
Please quote the position title in the subject line of your email and do not attached any certificates.