|Date Posted:||Apr 13, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 22, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Bank-e-Millie Afghan:
Bank-e-Millie Afghan Bank-e- Millie Afghan (BMA) was the first financial institution established in Afghanistan in 1933. Similarly, it was the first financial institution established in a public private partnership set up with 72 percent share held by private sector. As a first bank in Afghanistan, BMA introduced formal banking services to the people and government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Since then, the banks competitive strength and ongoing market leadership philosophy lays in its strong capital base and proven trustworthiness. In 1976, it was fully nationalized by the government of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, BMA is a leading banking in providing modern and secure banking services. Securing depositors' funds is the top priority of the bank. At the same time, the bank is contributing considerably to the development of manufacturing, agriculture, services, and international trade in the country. BMA is operating based on strong corporate governance principles, financial risk management and strict compliance to keep its credibility and trust. BMA has 15 city branches in Kabul and 21 provincial branches and equity investments in United States of America and England. And it is celebrating its 84th years of fame.
The Teller is in charge of handling all operations relating to Branch cash.
The Head Teller is accountable for taking out cash from the vault, distributing it among the Tellers and also for putting the cash back in the Vault at the end of the day. Apart from that he can also work as Teller so that full utilization of manpower at the Branch is done.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Open the vault in the System and receive physical cash for distribution among the Tellers
2. He should also be responsible for giving more cash, if needed by the Tellers in the course of their operations in the Day.
3. Any Branch requiring cash has to take it from the Head Teller of the Main Branch.
4. Collects the agreed cash from each Teller at the end of the day and reconciles the physical cash with the vault report.
5. Main Branch Head Teller also receives the cash from the City Branches’ tellers.
6. Agreed vault report with physical cash is done as the last transaction of cash in the day.
7. Responsible for cash at his counter including receipt & payment.
8. Handle routine cash transactions like :-
iv. Loan Payment
v. SWIFT receipts
vi. Western Union Receipts or Payments
vii. Any Merchant transaction.
9. Being the first point of contact with customer at the Bank, the Bank’s image depends on the handling of the customer at the counter. This impression will have an impact on the Bank’s business.
10. Should be able to successfully cross-sell bank products to clients.
11. Should be proficient in accurately reconciling cash denomination wise, currency wise. Never leave the Bank without reconciling physical cash with the System balance.
12. Should be well organized, efficient, and able to coordinate multiple tasks and have high energy level with a positive attitude.
13. Should be proficient in the software being used by the Bank to do the job efficiently.
14. Should be a good listener and patient to solve clients’ needs.
15. Should be polite and have good communication skills.
16. Any task or duty which is assigned by the line manager.
Must have Bachelor Degree in economics or BBA
Should have one or two years experience in the related field.
Should have knowledge of MS Office Package.
Excellent Communication Skills.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills – since you will interact directly with customers, good communications skills are mandatory, Dari, Pushtu, English
Computer skills, Computer Skills.