|Date Posted:||May 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Responsible for Health and Safety at Construction site. All the position are in South Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for making daily inspection and also reporting to the Project Manager.
2. Provide a safe and healthy workplace.
3. Establish and maintain a health and safety program.
4. Ensure that workers are properly trained.
5. Report accidents and injuries to authorities as required by law.
6. Provide medical/first aid facilities.
7. Provide workers with health and safety information.
8. Inspect projects and meet regularly with supervisors to monitor the program and take corrective action.
9. Provide the motivation and resources necessary to make the program work.
10. Ensure that operations comply with both the law and the program.
11. Demonstrate commitment to accident prevention.
12. Consider accident prevention and safety performance when evaluating employees, especially supervisors.
13. Be responsible for on-site accident prevention.
14. Ensure that protective equipment, safety materials, and first aid supplies are provided.
15. Monitor the health and safety performance of subcontractors.
16. Make sure that the program is carried out at the work level.
17. Ensure that protective equipment required by law and by the program is used and maintained properly by workers and that workers understand the reasons for its use.
18. Check work practices and take corrective action where.
19. Comply with the occupational Health and Safety and all relevant regulations.
20. Monitor subcontractors for compliance with the occupational Health and Safety.
21. Ensure that subcontractors are obliged by contract to comply with the constructorâ€™s Safety program.
1. Bachelors / 12 years of Education
2. HSE Certification
3. 3 - 5 years of experience
4. Working Experience with USACE
5. Proficiency in English, Dari