|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2021|
|Reference:||Health Communication Assistant|
|Closing Date:||Jan 21, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to providing high quality healthcare services to Afghans. Considering the increasing incidence of various types of cancers among Afghans and non-existence of a comprehensive cancer centre, MoPH decided to deliver cancer healthcare services to cancer patients through establishing a cancer department. Based on WHO estimates, nearly 20,000 Afghans suffer from various types of cancers each year while more than 15,000 die every year. The most common types of cancers are that of breast, oesophagus, stomach, lip/oral, cervical and lung.
Purpose of Assignment
The main objective of the assignment is to provide assistance to the Communication officer in health education, communication, and outreach programs and activities of NCCP
- Assists the Communication officer in health education, communication and outreach programs and activities of National Cancer Control Program (NCCP).
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Health Communication, Education and Outreach Assistant will be working under the direct supervision of the Communication officer and will be responsible for the following assigned tasks:
- Assist in developing and administering a Health Education Program for the Department
- Assist in creating Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials such as posters, brochures, pamphlets, and charts.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, and presenting health data and information
- Assist in providing health information to individuals or community groups through the use of presentations, exhibitions, and the media.
- Assist in organizing and conducting training programs for the Department staff, heath care providers, patients and their relatives, and community groups.
- Deliver lectures on cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, and palliative care.
- Assists in the pre-service training programme for doctors, nurses, support staff and administrative staff by giving lectures, discussion, field studies and observation trips.
- Perform routine clerical duties including preparing reports for management and other stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders and other MoPH departments
- Other related work/task as required.
- Native or near-native proficiency in written and spoken Pashto and Dari
- Professional level proficiency in written and spoken English language
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office, graphics programs, and social media
- Knowledge of principles of Public Health Education and Communication
- Knowledge of the facilities, media, methods and techniques of disseminating educational information to the public.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of curative medicine, especially that of cancer care
- Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in gathering data and composing articles and speeches on Public Health topics.
- Ability to interpret medical and public health data and information to public
- Ability to present ideas accurately, effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, stakeholders, and MoPH departments
· Minimum bachelor degree in field of journalism and public health
· One year Experience in Related Field.
- Health messages
- Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials
- Communication plan(s)
- IEC materials dissemination plan(s)
- Training program(s)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process