|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a position with overall intervention in health and nutrition sector in WV Ghor Zone. The health component of the project aims to provide outpatient healthcare to drought-affected populations in critical need of life-saving medical assistance in areas lacking access to government health services (white areas). The project will establish 6 new Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams (MHNTs) in white areas of Ghor Province (Lal, Cheghchran (now Firozkoh) and Dowlatyar districts) targeting people in their places of origin. The Health Community Development Worker will be responsible for community sensitization and awareness of the targeted communities of the health component of the project, reporting and facilitate identification and selection of the beneficiaries and establishment of the mobile health and nutrition teams (MHNTs).
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good communication skills
- Able to work with team
- Able to write, speak and read English, Dari and Pashto
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participate in community mobilization/sensitization, project planning, implementing and promotion of health and nutrition.
2. Assist to mobilize, sensitize and seek community and local authority participation at all levels.
3. Provide weekly reports.
4. Field visits to Firozkoh, Lal and Dowlatyar districts.
5. Identify and select beneficiaries for health and nutrition activities.
6. Health Education for Community leader, religious leaders in the field.
7. Preparing weekly/monthly report to supervisor based on the need.
8. Execute other activities instructed by the Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- Have experience of working with communities at least 2 years
- This position is based in Firozkoh with regular trips to Lal and Dowlatyar Districts