|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a position with overall intervention in health and nutrition sector in WV Ghor Zone. The project aims to provide outpatient healthcare to drought-affected populations in critical need of life-saving medical assistance in areas lacking access to government health services (white areas). The project will establish 6 new Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams (MHNTs) in white areas of Ghor Province (Lal, Cheghchran (now Firozkoh) and Dowlatyar districts) targeting people in their places of origin.Zonal Health & Nutrition Coordinator will be responsible for the proper implementation the health component of the project, reporting, providing technical support and guidance, establishing mobile health and nutrition teams (MHNTs), coordination with the line departments and provide action plan.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Pashto, Dari, English - Fluent Written & Speaking
- Ability to work within program initiatives and meet donor deadlines and reporting requirements (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual and annual report).
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to maintain performance and exemplary lifestyle expectations in diverse cultural contexts.
- Psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Strong commitment to WV call and aspiration as outlined in World Vision Afghanistan country strategy
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Health and nutrition project coordination and supervision
- Coordinate closely with the Health sector Lead to ensure timely implementation and evaluation of the MHNTs.
- Supervision and monitoring from the health activities in Ghor province.
- Coordinate with DoPH on all steps of the project in particular during the project design, and inception.
- Coordinate activity planning, activity implementation and related logistical needs.
- Provide innovative input into WV Afghanistan’s broader health initiatives.
- Ensure program activity planning is undertaken and program targets and grant objectives are met.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Be aware of and implement policy decisions made by World Vision Afghanistan leadership, and ensure that information is accurately disseminated to all staff in a timely manner.
- Ensure that grant and financial rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
2. Reporting and Administration
- Be responsible for maintaining and strengthening relationships with key partners, especially department of public health
- Providing health sector reports to be submitted to Health sector lead.
- Create and present monthly summaries of project activities (including those of the partner) and future plans to health sector lead.
- Develop sectorial procurement plan and monitor procurement status of all related items.
- Travel regularly to target areas intervention to ensure proper implementation and quality of health activities.
- Coordinate activities of all staff under health section of Ghor zonal office.
3. Team Management
- Provide direct supervision and support from health sector activities.
- Coordinate and implement new employee orientations and trainings.
- Engage in active capacity-building, both formal and informal, throughout the duration of the program
4. Financial Management
- Coordinate with the Health sector lead for budget reviews and monthly financial reports, highlighting concerns as they arise.
- Review financial projections, adjusting as necessary.
5. Liaison and Advisory
- Participation on all health and nutrition coordination meeting in particular EPR and PHCC
- Ensure program activities are in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Coordinate closely with other INGOs/NGOs, and UN agencies in the area to ensure complementary programming.
- Coordinate health activities of under zonal health sector to ensure quality of programming and compliance to requirements.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- MD doctor (Essential)
- Master degree in Public Health (Preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience of working in health, nutrition, management and maternal health sector
- Related supervisory experience.
- Substantial Project Management experience with Health and Nutrition based projects.
- Team house accommodation is provided in Firooz Koh, if employee is not from that province. 50 % travel would be covered as per policy