|Date Posted:||Jan 25, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Feb 3, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Health & Nutrition Vaccinator (Mobile Team), Health Program (PATRIP Luxembourg Project) at its Regional Program Office Baghlan – Afghanistan.
The Mobile Health Team Midwife is responsible to offer reproductive health care services including Ante natal care, postnatal care, family planning and delivery cares as per the guidelines of MoPH to the women attending health and nutrition mobile team in targeted areas of the targeted provinces.
Position Title: Health & Nutrition Midwife (Mobile Team)
No of Position: 2 (Female)
Duty Station: Baghlan Regional Office (with travel to districts)
Announcing Date: January 24th, 2022
Closing Date: February 03rd, 2022
Vacancy #: BAG/01/22/002
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide Antenatal and postnatal services to the women of reproductive age while attending the mobile health team.
- To provide counselling and services of family planning to women attending mobile health team.
- To provide delivery of services and counselling to pregnant women in targeted areas when required.
- To assist the mobile health Nurse in provision of nutrition services to women when required.
- To refer the pregnant and lactating women and new born children to the vaccinator of mobile health team for receiving of TT and relevant vaccines.
- To provide health education on reproductive health to the clients attending the mobile health team.
- To maintain the HMIS tools of MoPH while providing the reproductive health care services.
- To maintain infection prevention measures while offering the health care services to the clients.
- Maintain good relations with the CHWs and Family health action groups (FHAGs) for referral of women to mobile health team.
- Refer the critical patients to the nearby health facilities.
- Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions, and costumes.
- Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
Occasional Significant Duties
· To do any other job-related task, with the field of competence, as line manager may request.
Decision-Making & Authorities
Required Qualifications and Experiences
· Graduated from Recognized Community Midwifery Education School or intermediate medical institute.
· At least 3 Years’ experience in BPHS health care services as midwife.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, and local languages verbally and in writing.
· Be able to work under pressure with tight deadline.
· Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages is preferable.
· Very good interpersonal communication skills.
· Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Willingness to live, work and travel in conflict areas.
Required Core Competencies
· Attention to details & Technical Skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Writing, Reading and strong listening Skills.
· Creativity, Initiative, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Effective medical practitioner skills and self-confident.