|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||32850 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting Health Promotion Supervisor / Flying for a post
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- Support the project HP supervisors with the development, implementation and supervision of HP strategies to increase MSF awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project areas.
- Ensure correct data collection and observation of HP activities to identify support needs, monitor HP activities and elaborate regular reporting on HP day-to-day activity in the project, challenges, achievements and support decision-taking.
- Support the project HP supervisor with all his tasks and responsibilities during field visits and act as his/her back-up when needed, including HR, administrative and supply-related duties
- Collect information on the context (local culture, traditions, habits, perceptions of illness and health seeking behaviour) to adapt health messages, medical activities and conduct the social mapping (villages, populations, actors)
- Support the development and implementation of training plans for HP staff to perform their activities including refreshing of HP topics, messages and tools, attitudes during HP sessions, reporting activities, and any other relevant subject.
- Participate in designing and implementing assessments and surveys and the impact of the HP activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Education: Paramedical or medical certification desirable. University degree in social sciences (anthropology, sociology, or relevant field) essential
- Other experience in similar position essential. MSF experience desirable. Experience as supervisor desirable
- Languages: Dari/Pashto/English oral and written essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME: 40H/WEEK SATURDAY TO WEDNESDAY.
POSITION REQUIRES MIN. 70% OF FIELD VISITS TO MSF PROJECT LOCATIONS (MAY INCLUDE WEEKENDS IN THE FIELD). SALARY: 32,850 AFN (non-negotiable)