|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a position with overall intervention in health and nutrition sector in WV Ghor Zone. The project aims to provide outpatient healthcare to drought-affected populations in critical need of life-saving medical assistance in areas lacking access to government health services (white areas). The project will establish 6 new Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams (MHNTs) in white areas of Ghor Province (Lal, Cheghchran (now Firozkoh) and Dowlatyar districts) targeting people in their places of origin. The HMIS Officer will be responsible for recording and consolidating statistical data on EOC on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and sent to WVA and Ministry of Public Health, according to standardized frequency.
- Ability to work within program initiatives and meet donor deadlines and reporting requirements (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual and annual report).
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to maintain performance and exemplary lifestyle expectations in diverse cultural contexts.
- Psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Strong commitment to WV call and aspiration as outlined in World Vision Afghanistan country strategy
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out frequent monitoring and supportive supervision visits to the health facilities.
- Provide data for health management team if required.
- Develop monitoring checklist.
- Develop training materials and HMIS tool if required.
- Analyse of NMC and other monitoring checklist and prepare feedback to the health facilities.
- To attend regularly Sub Committee meetings held in PHD.
- To Maintain and update the database of HMIS.
- To prepare quarterly technical progress report if required.
- To carry out specific training, support, and other capacity building activities in HMIS for health staff.
- HMIS data analysis, data quality check, providing technical assistance and feedback to HF staff and other relevant health supervisors.
- Assessment, planning and conducting HMIS workshops and on the job training.
- To ensure the flow of information.
- To ensure proper usage of HMIS monitoring checklist at sub office level and HMIS committee ToR at health facility level.
- To assist the provincial management team in ensuring that provincial planning is based on accurate and updated information.
- To identify and report any outbreaks to the line supervisor, proper manage of the outbreaks and provide the final report.
- To identify and report immediately any problem, which interfere in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives to the line supervisor.
- To maintain cooperation with other sections.
- Participate regularly in staff meeting and monthly technical meeting.
- To undertake other tasks assigned by the line supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- At least 4 years of experience of working in health, nutrition, management and maternal health sector
- Related supervisory experience.
- Substantial Project Management experience with Health and Nutrition based projects.
- Team house accommodation is provided in Firooz Koh, if employee is not from that province. 50 % travel would be covered as per policy