|Date Posted:||Sep 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 22, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Afghanistan Center for Training and Development - ACTD:
Afghanistan Center for Training and Development â€œACTDâ€ is a registered non for profit, non-political and non-governmental independent organization working for development and transformation of civil society in Afghanistan. ACTD was established in March 2007 by a group of Afghan professionals to offer research, training and consultancy services in order to develop practically applicable knowledge. ACTD is currently operating in 19 provinces of the country providing services in the fields of community and civil society development, training/capacity building, research, and health service delivery.
The HIMIS officer / Supervisor will collect reports from all health facilities, analyze them and provide feedback to health facilities. He needs to keep updated feedback file and follow the feedbacks regularly
Duties & Responsibilities:
To ensure all project indicators are met and report any problems in this regard to project manager and main office.
1. Compile, enter, analyze and interpret health data and information received from health facilities.
2. Provide updated HMIS formats for all health facilities and track report collections.
3. In co-operation with the project manager oversee the planning and ongoing training, which relates to HMIS.
4. Conduct initial and refresher HMIS training and provide on-job training for clinic staff.
5. Ensure quality of services in maintained at the health facilities through provision of updated relevant and timely information for the purpose of planning, implementation and evaluation of the activities.
6. Provide accurate and updated feedback on data collected from health facilities.
7. Compile and submit HMIS replica to main office.
8. Give advice and support to the project staff in HMIS related tasks (e.g., data collection, analysis and use of health information.)
9. Visit and supervise the HMIS activities of the health facilities. e.g. Routine reporting, filling of HMIS formats, etc) based on work plan.
10. Enhance the abilities of health facilities staff in HMIS related tasks by supportive supervision, on-the-job training and through other means to upgrade skills of information gathering and analysis.
11. Provide data to deputy project manager for preparing narrative quarterly report.
12. Help with deputy project manager in preparing of narrative quarterly report.
1. Medical Doctor graduated from a recognized university
2. Minimum two years experience in relevant field
3. Computer skills in Ms-Office
4. Ability to identify project weaknesses and gaps and to take proper action
5. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in a multi-cultural environment is required