|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 24, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Objectives of the program:
To contribute to the strengthening of ministry as to ensure that HMIS activities are based on norms and standards for effective delivery and implementation of health services with an emphasis on priority needs in line with MoPH policy and strategies.
Purpose of the Post:
To contribute to the improvement and ensuring HMIS activities as one of the most important components of the MoPH for the effective expansion and follow up of programs based of priority needs in line with MoPH strategy and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Develop HMIS standards and guidelines for the MoPH in close collaboration with other Ministries, MoPH departments and partners;
• Provide technical assistance and capacity building to various department of the MoPH , NGOs and other stakeholders on the HMIS activities;
• Ensure quality of data at all levels by implementing and maintaining DQA (Data Quality Assurance)
• Ensure that all data collection efforts related to the functioning of the health system is incorporated into the HMIS database library. This includes regular HMIS and other collection efforts by MoPH and its partners.
• Provide an analysis of performance of the health system according to regular reporting information;
• Ensure that HMIS is implemented in all programs;
• Coordinate HMIS activities with other Ministries and MoPH partners to avoid duplication of efforts, gaps, and inconsistencies in service delivery;
• Carry out any other tasks directed by the head of HMIS
1) The candidate must be a bachelor’s degree in medicine or related field from a recognized university.
2) 5 years of related experience.
Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in medicine/related field
Desirable: Master degree in related field.
Essential: 5 years of related experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the HMIS/DHIS2 and UN system.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1) Excellent communication and report writing skills
2) Good Knowledge of the Afghanistan health system (HMIS/DHIS2).
3) Willingness to work long hours and weekends and complete the deliverables on time.
1) Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari Language is must.
- Good knowledge of hardware.
Criteria / Procedure
Screening of the candidates;
Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.