|Date Posted:||Apr 26, 2011|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
World Vision Afghanistan requires HMIS Supervisor to record and consolidate Statistical data on EOC on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and sent to WVA and Ministry of Public Health, according to standardized frequency.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ Verify that the following reports have been properly completed:
- Monthly report of deliveries and newborns
- Monthly report of maternal and neonatal deaths
â€¢ He/She should monitor that the following outcome indicators are graphed and posted in the maternity hospital HMIS room:
- Cesarean section rate between 5 and 15%
- Case fatality rate for incomplete abortion less than 1%
- Case fatality rate for pre-eclampsia/eclampsia less than 1%
- Case fatality rate for postpartum hemorrhage less than 1%
- Case fatality rate for postpartum infection less than 1%
- Admissions that are obstetrical complications are 15% or more of obstetrical admissions
â€¢ Document every maternal death occurred in the hospital with analyzes to determine its causes.
â€¢ Document and compile program reports (monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual) and submit to WVA management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent should be/have the following:
â€¢ Certified doctor with Diploma background from a Medical Faculty.
â€¢ Knowledgeable about reproductive health issues with emphasis on BEOC and NBC leadership and management skills to plan, organize and facilitate the implementation of maternal and child health care in a maternity settings
â€¢ Knowledgeable about midwifery practice with extensive knowledge of the basic obstetric care and newborn care.
â€¢ Ability to collaborate with multiple personnel in a hospital setting and various maternity units.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
ïƒ˜ Oral and written English strongly needed
ïƒ˜ Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
ïƒ˜ Knowledge of MS Office, and statistical programs
ïƒ˜ Ability to work with international staff and in a cross-cultural environment.