|Date Posted:||Feb 25, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 20, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Functional Area:||Sociology ,Social Science|
|Salary Range:||1400 - 1800 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO):
Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO) is an NGO which has been working since 1993 and has been engaged with projects implementation in all regions of Afghanistan.
ABCO has concentrated its activities for improvement of services with a focus on transparent delivery of services and capacity building. ABCO has the highest level of integrity in its administrative, service, and outreach activities; we tie these activities directly to our mission, and we maintain and report our records accurately.
ABCO undertakes to support and enable a culture of partnership and equality throughout the organization. In a spirit of partnership, it is essential that we develop a shared understanding of this approach and build our capacity to ensure a full implementation of our organizational philosophy.
Third-party monitoring is required to conduct validation and verification of the Land Acquisition and Resettlement Plans (LARPs) implementation.
The general objective of the external resettlement monitoring and evaluation is to assess the compliance with principles, policies, and requirements mentioned in the LARPs and TMP including (i) determining and assessing whether or not the TMPs implemented, compensation payment, support, and resettlement for the affected persons, as well as the process of community consultation, information disclosure, and resolution of complaints and grievances are being carried out in compliance with principles, requirements, and procedures according to the LARPs and TMP (ii) reviewing whether or not the objectives, LARPs, especially those that improve or at least restore affected persons’ living standards are adequately implemented and achieved; and (iii) reviewing shortcomings in the implementation of the LARPs and TMP and developing recommended solutions for discussion with the C_PMO.
Scope of Services:
- Carry out the monitoring and compliance evaluation on the implementation of the LARPs for each specific project/subproject/section to ensure it is in compliance with the relevant plans;
· Assess whether resettlement objectives have been met; specifically, whether livelihoods and living standards have been restored or enhanced;
- NGO shall do a full internal Monitoring and Evaluation to ensure that the LAR is fully compliant with the LARP, the national legislation and with the ADB Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) of 2009.
- NGO/firm shall assist APs in the resettlement process. The NGO makes sure that the APs should get the full compensation as per the LARP Entitlement Matrix. In case of conflicts the NGO shall assist APs to redress their grievances to the proper authorities.
- Advise C_PMO on the implementation of TMP to ensure policies and procedures are complied with relevant plans; and
- Provide information and data, monitoring results, and observations that the team leader will aggregate into a LARP and TMP implementation compliance report.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Prepare a detailed monitoring plan following approved TMP
2) Assist and advise on the implementation of TMP
3) Assist in record keeping and generating progress reports.
4) Monitor overall TMP implementation and progress relative to project implementation
5) Assist in public consultation during TMP implementation
6) Travel to site & Regular site visit
7) Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
8) Working under Team leader and carrying out given tasks in swift manner
The surveyors will
(i) assist the resettlement and social evaluation specialists in carrying out the monitoring on the implementation of the LARP and TMP to ensure that their implementation is in compliance with the relevant plans;
(ii) under the guidance of the resettlement and social evaluation specialists, carry out field surveys;
(iii) analyze the data collected from the field surveys;
(iv) provide assistance to the resettlement and social evaluation specialists for the preparation of the external resettlement and social M&E reports; and
(v) conduct any other duties assigned by the resettlement specialist/team leader.
MUST HAVE Qualification and Experience:
(i) The candidate must have a Degree in Sociology, Social Sciences or Humanities.
(ii) More than three years of experience in preparation of social survey and data gathering and analysis of possible social problems concerning issues like resettlement.
(iii) is familiar with ADB’s safeguard policy statement (2009) or World Bank’s environmental and social safeguard policies and procedures
(iv) Reasonable capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy.
- Available to travel at any time
- Minimum 1 year of working experience with international organizations
- Experience of working with international organizations
NOTE: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using attached CV format (provide scanned copy of your university diploma/degree at last page of CV). any CV submitted in any other format will be not considered.