|Date Posted:||Dec 1, 2019|
|Reference:||Hostel Assistant / Kandahar|
|Closing Date:||Dec 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
|Required Languages:||English & pashto,Dari|
About Ministry of Public Health:
There is mal-distribution of health care providers between and within provinces, and between urban and rural areas of Afghanistan. This leaves the peripheral health facilities and remote areas understaffed. The main reasons given for this situation were poor working, living and social conditions; security concerns; a lack of educational facilities for children; and poor transportation.
The MoPH recognized and urged the shortage of female health professionals. Meanwhile, to tackle these issues the HRH Policy 2014-2018 has also emphasized the production, deployment and retaining a well-trained gender-balanced health workforce, possessing the skills needed to deliver affordable and equitable health services to the population of Afghanistan
Nowadays, Afghans are facing a lot of health and social problems that are the result of the war, unemployment, malnutrition, forced marriage, under aged marriage, addiction, gender based violence, chronic diseases i.e. HIV/AIDS, TB , Malaria , Cancer and so on . Therefore, the consequences of these situations need to be addressed their psychological and social aspects.
So far EU with technical assistant of NGOs has trained around 600 psychosocial counselors. These counselors received short training courses on psychosocial issues, and are not enough to address the current needs of health facilities and other relevant stakeholders. Since the majority of them were male, thus The HSC students will be female.
According to the Institutes of Health Sciences Strategy (2016-2020) and based on needs of the country GIHS is establishing a new department of Health Social Counseling. The establishing of this department is align with the National Health Strategy of Ministry of Public Health and BPHS .This new health professional will be trained to address the needs of the communities both rural and urban.
Health Social Counselors will receive a two year training and diploma in Health Social Counseling and work as team members in health facilities.
They will deal with those who suffer psychological and social problems as the result of the above mentioned diseases and civil unrest.
At the moment, 105 HSCs are selecting to be trained from 2018-2020. GIHS and Kandahar IHS will provide training and accommodation facilities for 70 and 35 HSC trainees respectively. By 2020 diploma holders HSCs will fill most of the vacant positions of Comprehensive Health Centers (CHC) in Afghanistan.
Title of position: Hostel Assistant Kandahar
No of Vacancy: Hostel Assistant / Kandahar
Nationality : Afghan
N of Position : 1
Location: Kandahar Kabul
Report to: HSC program officer
Grade: According to NTA salary scale According to NTA salary scale
C : 2018/11/8
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist HSC Program Officer to facilitate maintenance, repair, renovation, alterations in hostel
2. Ensures the accomplishment of all the planning and work necessary to clean and operate hostel
3. Provides instruction, direction, and supervision to workforce involved in the hostel and kitchen
4. Maintains a file of all inspections conducted, deficiencies noted and corrective actions taken.
5. Prepares and submit daily and night shift duties schedule of guard/cleaners
6. Assist the IHS dorm manager in all issues related to residents of dormitory
7. Serve as a primary personal counseling resource for students in dealing with specific dormitory problems
8. Helps student adjust to Center life and encourage favorable relationships among dormitory residents.
9. Respond promptly to illness, emotional trauma, interpersonal problems and/or maladjustment to Center life.
10. Encourage student participation in the training Programs.
11. Assists in conducting dorm meetings.
12. Conducts bed checks, takes morning attendance and updates the student/employees’ files in Office.
13. Maintains a running log of events and significant incidents and briefs incoming shift.
14. Supervises student/employee housekeeping duties and maintains a clean orderly atmosphere.
15. Inspects dormitory areas.
16. Ensures cleanliness, safety, and attractiveness.
17. Promotes a positive work environment through the use of good social skills and application of Core Values
18. Prepares and submit daily hostel reports
19. Performs all other duties assigned.
1. Bachelor degree with 3 years’ experience in Hostel Management, Administration, operation or high school graduate with 5 year experience
2. Excellent Dari and Pashto and good communication in English languages is an asset
3. Should have excellent computer skills
1. Effective communication and problem solving skill
2. Good team player
3. Good interpersonal/human skills