|Date Posted:||Oct 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO):
The Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO) is aØ¯ Afghan leading organization established under the 2005 NGO Law with the purpose of helping Afghan citizens â€“ notably the poor and the womenâ€“ to acquire and protect their land rights. ALCOâ€™s intended vision is â€œsecure and equitable access to land for all Afghan citizensâ€ ALCO has been recently awarded a contract for providing Real Estate Services across the country and conducting land title search with parcel identification. Thus, ALCO is looking for a competitor and motivated candidate to work as Project Manage to be based in Kabul. For more information about ALCO please visit www.afghan-land.org
In accordance with the ALCO Policies and Procedures, the HR/Contracting officer will be delegated by the ALCO executive director the authority of HR/Contracting services which include but not limited to the efficient and transparent management ALCO HR and Contracting Activities.
The HR and Contract Officer will work under supervision of Operation/Finance Director.
Key Functions Include:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implementation of HR strategy in the ALCO; effective implementation of the internal control; proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
2. Full compliance of HR activities with ALCO rules and regulations, policies, procedures and strategies. Interpretation of HR policies and regulations and advice to management on their applications, taking into account their particular needs.
3. Management of transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes including updated job descriptions, proper job classification, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, organization and chairing of interview panels, making recommendations on recruitment. Development and maintenance of data base of job applications.
4. Liaise with other departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements
5. Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary HR development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organization
6. Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
7. Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
8. Plan and manage departmental activities in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales.
9. Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in cooperation with the executive team.
10. Continuously strive to keep the HR system up to date.
11. Make sure any recruitment taking place is in full conformity with the job requirements and ALCO HR policies.
12. Protect data privacy and confidentiality
13. The HR officer is required to be attentive enough of upcoming HR system related changes and improvement at organizations.
1. Support contracting activities by reviewing and analyzing contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and ALCO policies and business.
2. Ensures that all required documentation and data are submitted in accordance with the procurement deliverable schedule.
3. The contracting officer informs the Operation Director of any technical or contractual problems or delays.
4. To maintain administration records, approves invoices and performs final inspection and acceptance of work performed under the contract.
5. The Contracting Officer is responsible for monitoring the contractor's progressing fulfilling the technical requirements specified in the contract
6. Assists Component Staff to prepare Terms of Reference of Consultancy Assignments.
7. Arranges procurement of certain items such as vehicles, office equipment, licenses, permits, tax exemptions to be provided to the Consultancy Services Contractors under the contract;
8. Ensure receipt of progress reports and updates the Procurement Officer and the Component Head on the performance status of the contract;
9. Receives progress payment requests, reviews their compliance to the terms of payment, deducts retention money, if any, and forwards them to the Finance Unit of ALCO;
10. Issues variation orders, amendments/modifications to the contracts as and when required.
11. Performs any other task assigned by the line manager as and when assigned
1. Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree; preferably in business or business-related fields such as administration, management, finance, and accounting.
2. The applicant will possess strong analytic and problem-solving skills, and must have exceptional customer service skills.
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills are required, as is willingness to perform general administrative duties.
4. 3+ years relevant professional working experience at the national or international level.
5. Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
6. Good computer skills in MS. Office programs.