|Date Posted:||Feb 4, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 17, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager , the HR Assistant will perform the following principal functions :
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and update accurate employee records including personnel data, leave (annual leave, sick leave, LWOP and comp time) records, compensation and benefits records and staffing/employee lists.
2. Ensure all position descriptions are kept updated.
3. Travel arrangements and bookings
4. Assistant in processing effective recruitment strategies including needs assessment, preparing vacancy announcements, collection and review of applications, short listing.
5. Assist in processing effective selection including employment tests, back ground and reference check, preliminary and comprehensive employment interviews.
6. Prepare employment contracts.
7. Create and print business cards for expats and locals.
8. Communicate with field office staff and provide support and advice on policies and procedures.
9. File management and record keeping of employeesâ€™ files.
10. Assume the responsibilities of the HR Manager in his absence.
11. Type Dari letters, documents, reports and translations.
12. Maintain employee data base on a daily base
13. Carry out any other relevant duties requested by the HR Manager.
Essential Qualifications: 3-4 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in human resource work, including office filing and correspondence; excellent knowledge of computer software applications including high speed Dari and Pashto typing.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience in working with NGO , USAID or any other international organization would be an advantage
Education: High School graduate with specialized certification in Business Administration or related discipline. University Degree in Business Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Language Requirements: Fluent in written and spoken English and the ability to draft substantive correspondence is must.