|Date Posted:||Apr 18, 2011|
|Reference:||UNOPS/AFG/NERAP/MPW - 013/2011|
|Closing Date:||May 1, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The HR Assistant works under the overall guidance and supervision of the HR Associate. He/she is responsible to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the HR Unit for the portfolio of UNOPS/MPW program, facilitating compliance and adherence to UNOPS rules and regulations. Additionally, the HR Assistant will provide technical advice and mentoring to MPW Civil Servant counterparts assigned to the HR Unit.
Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
- Assist the HR Associate in the recruitment and administration of NERAP national employees, including ensuring up-to-date and complete employee file management;
- Provide assistance to new incumbents in obtaining and receiving security clearances and ID cards.
- Liaise with Security Department to ensure all new incumbents receiving a security briefing.
- Co-ordinate with UNOPS Security Department for security clearance of personnel for their movements in and out of country, and within the country.
- Working closely with other UN Agencies and Government/ Ministries/ Secretariat as and when required in relation to flight bookings, visas or any other matter as directed by the HR Associate.
- Responsible for obtaining Afghan visas and renewals for UNOPS international staff and consultants, as required. Monitor expiry dates and coordinate the renewals process.
- Manage and coordinate all flight booking request (MOP/TA), ensuring appropriate approvals are sought from delegated authorities.
- Review and certify travel expenses charged by WFP/UNHAS and submit to PSO.
- Assist the HR Associate in the recruitment process of national personnel, for example receiving applications, organization of interviews, preparation of interview report, etc.
- Assist in the issuance of Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) for national personnel, under the guidance of the HR Associate.
- Proactively maintain personal files, leave records and monitoring leave balance of national personnel.
- Provide translation services for HR Unit and any other relevant documentation, as and when requested by management.
- Ensure registration and dispatch of mail/communication through messaging system and maintain a record of all incoming and out going mails and official documents for the HR Unit.
- Perform other office and/or administrative duties as requested by the HR Associate or Senior Management.
- Availability of complete and accurate personnel files for all incumbents.
- Flights, travel arrangements and visa are well coordinated and administered effectively.
- Accurate recording and monitoring of staff leave.
- MPW Civil Servant counterparts demonstrate an increase in technical expertise and skill.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide effective and sufficient support to the HR Unit of UNOPS/MPW program to ensure it can perform its function effectively and activities are conducted inline with UNOPS HR rules and regulations
- Good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal. Fluent, both written and verbally, in Dari/Pashto.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email/internet. Knowledge of Atlas, GLOCON or FASS would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations would be a distinct advantage.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and conduct duties with integrity.
- Has good interpersonal skills and makes sound and reasoned judgments.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- Is a self-starter, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work and communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Secondary Diploma required.
- Certificate or Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or another relevant field is considered an advantage
- At least 3 years work experience in human resources or administration.
- At least 2 years experience with International NGOs, UN Agencies or an international organization is desirable.
- Experience with UN rules and regulations are highly desirable