|Date Posted:||Jan 20, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 1, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About World Vision International Afghanistan:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position will provide a wide range of effective Human Resource processes (such as recruitment, exit process and HR administration) to the staff based in Chaghcharan zone in support of their ministry in World Vision Afghanistan and assist in implementation of National HR Policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Liaise with Grant Project Managers to assess staffing needs and facilitate the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the HR Policies, including documentation, in a timely manner.
2. Facilitate the orientation process for all new staff and participate in the HR section as appropriate.
3. Facilitate the probation period for staff with Grant Project Managers, including relevant documentation.
4. Provide information to staff regarding WVA HR policies and their implementation and provide appropriate advice as required.
5. Provide appropriate information and assistance to staff regarding the annual performance management process and liaise with Grant Project Managers to ensure that this process is completed in a timely manner.
6. Ensure all relevant HR documentation for staff changes, etc are completed and sent to P and C Administrator in a timely manner.
8. Provide P and C Payroll and Benefits Officer with monthly salary change information in a timely manner.
10. Participate in annual salary increase process as required.
11. Facilitate the exit process, conduct exit interviews and report to P and C Director key trends from the interviews.
12. Participate in and contribute to regular P and C development meetings.
13. Send monthly reports on a timely basis to the P and C Director and provide any other information as requested.
14. Carry out any other duties as requested by the P and C Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED
The following knowledge, skills and abilities maybe acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
â€¢ Degree in HR or related subjected required
â€¢ Minimum 1 yearsâ€™ experience in HR in a generalist role, with good interviewing skills
â€¢ Must have cross cultural sensitivity
â€¢ Good oral and written communication skills in English and Dari required
â€¢ Ability to work in and contribute to team building
â€¢ Good interpersonal skills
â€¢ Ability to plan own work and use time effectively
â€¢ Positive and constructive attitude
â€¢ Demonstrated computer skills on MS Word and Excel
â€¢ Willing to be based in Chaghcharan
â€¢ Ability to commit to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement