|Date Posted:||Jun 28, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 11, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
MAIL-CDRRP (Climate-Induced Disaster Risk Reduction Project)
Rural livelihoods in Afghanistan are threatened by the impacts of climate change, specifically those associated with climate-induced disasters. Total annual precipitation will decrease, with greater variety between seasons. This leads to increase in severity and frequency of climate-induced disasters such as flooding, drought, and landslides; resulting in loss of life, agriculture crops and livestock, and displacement of communities. Rural communities in Jawzjan and Nangarhar provinces have limited resources to invest in adaptation measures to reduce risks associated with these disasters.
The Adapting Afghan Communities to Climate-induced Disaster Risks project aims at promoting community-based and gender-sensitive adaptation to the impacts of climate change in the two provinces through implementation of activities under four complementary components: Firstly, the project will build capacities for decision-making on and implementation of gender-sensitive climate-induced disaster risk reduction measures. Secondly, community-based early warning systems will be established to improve monitoring and response to climate-induced disasters. The third component will introduce climate-resilient livelihood options within the target communities with focus on women, youth, and other marginalized groups; and construct climate-resilient habitats and shelters. Finally, the project will develop capacities of national and sub-national institutions to integrate climate change into development planning. The project is a joint intervention between MAIL and UNDP, and will be implemented by MAIL as part of the ministry’s Central Programme Office for Natural Resources Management (CPO-NRM).
The HR Officer will report and work under the direct supervision of the National Project Manager. He/she will be fully responsible for all Human Resources (HR) related activities of the CDRRP project.
The HR Officer has the following specific duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan, prioritize and implement human resources related activities to project;
· Support to and implementing the project HR and HR related operational plans.
· Ensure efficient, effective, responsive, transparent, and accountable provision of human resource services to support the implementation of project activities
· Manage and prepare ToRs and vacancies for Project/MAIL Central and provincial Offices staff when required
· Conduct and manage employees annual performance appraisal
· Provide technical support to the overall process of recruitment of staff for Project central and provincial Offices as required
· Assist the Project Manager in preparation of relevant documentation for HR activities and follow up on the implementation of the decisions of all central and provincial staff related issues
· Manage and coordinate HR related activities with all related stakeholders, MAIL HR and donor agency
· Coordinate and monitor the provincial offices HR daily activities as per the instructions of Project Manager
· Manage and lead the preparation of relevant documentation for administrative and HR activities and follow up on the implementation of the decisions of all personnel-related issues;
· Assist in organizing weekly and monthly meetings of the project to assess the progress and solve the HR related problems
· Ensure all personnel files are kept appropriately, all necessary documents are provided in personnel files folders
· Post position advertisements, schedule interviews, tests and other tasks as assigned in the recruitment process
· Process and record Kabul and provincial employees timesheets, leave forms, monthly reports and other personnel records
· Develop and maintain HR plans on annual basis
· Locate any training and development programs for PROJECT employees and support Project Manager in introducing employees for their capacity development
· Track daily staff attendance and ensure that the in/out timing is properly recorded;
· Distribute and document project IDs of staff
· staff leave and update the leave tracker database
· Assist in the orientation of new employees according to the orientation checklist;
· Stay well informed regarding PROJECT /MAIL HR related policies and procedures;
· Perform additional task as required by Project management
· Understand standard HR practices, policies and procedures and Afghanistan labor law
· Ability to implement new systems and staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
· Ability to prepare the operational plan of the project
· Excellent IT skills would be an advantage
· Builds strong relationships with staff and clients
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree and (4) years of progressively responsible professional experience directly related to the field.
· Experience working with government as a counterpart is an asset
· Strong knowledge and understanding of human resources management, labor laws, rules and regulations of Afghanistan.
· Good understanding and ability to use Micro Soft Office programs
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as human resources management, public administration, business administration, management, economics, and/or related field
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
All interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications, should apply online by sending their updated CV and Cover letter to jobs.
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (CDRRP-52) and position name in Subject while applying online.
Please note that Applications after the deadline will not be considered.
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.