|Date Posted:||Aug 3, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
â€¢ Perform generalist HR activities, including recruitment, performance management, training and employee relations.
â€¢ Work closely with HR Manager and Deputy Manager and assist in carrying out the related tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
2. Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions.
3. Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
4. Identify training and development opportunities.
5. Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
6. Process employee requests for outside training while complying with polices and Procedures.
7. Provide basic counseling to staff that have performance related obstacles.
8. Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans.
9. Provide assistance in staff orientations.
10. Access funding for training and write proposals.
11. Listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
12. Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment.
13. Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
14. Schedule and organize interviews.
15. Participate in applicant interviews.
16. Conduct reference checks on possible candidates.
17. Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment.
18. Inform unsuccessful applicants.
19. Other duties as prescribed.
Qualification and Experience:
â€¢ Bachelor's Degree with a major in Business Administration or related field and three years of Human Resources experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and Skills
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
â€¢ Understanding of relevant legislations, policies and procedures.
â€¢ Team building skills
â€¢ Problem solving skills
â€¢ Negotiations skills
â€¢ Effective verbal and listening communications skills
â€¢ Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs
â€¢ Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports
â€¢ Effective public relations and public speaking skills
â€¢ Stress management skills
â€¢ Interviewing skills
â€¢ Time management skills
The incumbent must maintain confidentiality, use sound judgment and perform independently while performing the duties of the human resource officer. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
â€¢ Maintain standards of conduct
â€¢ Be respectful
â€¢ Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
â€¢ Be flexible
â€¢ Demonstrate sound work ethics
â€¢ Be consistent and fair