|Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Projects HR Coordinator, HR Officer is responsible for the functions related to the HR operations of the developmental projects of MoMP, Including explanation of Ministries’ personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants, record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and reasons for terminations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Explain Ministries’ personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
2. Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications.
3. Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and reasons for terminations.
4. Process and review employment applications in order to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
5. Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
6. Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel Actions
7. Gather personnel records from other departments and/or employees.
8. Search employee files in order to obtain information for authorized persons and organizations.
9. Interview job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
10. Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references in order to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
11. Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
12. Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
13. Select applicants meeting specified job requirements and refer them to hiring personnel.
14. Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
Prospective Projects HR Officer should have bachelor degree in Human Resources with 4 years’ experience in related field.
Past work experience with the donors or donor funded projects in the context of Government Line Ministries.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization or project.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level