|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Human Resources and Recruitment Manager reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). He or she works cooperatively with the other Project employees to contribute to the success of the AMELA Project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Monitor the supply and prepare requisition requests for all office expendable clerical supplies;
· Ensure the adequate supply, proper organization, storage and inventory of purchases;
· Coordinate printing and reproduction services including reports, training materials, business cards, brochures and similar items, identifying qualified service providers;
· Responsible for project training and meeting space reservations and coordination of all required
logistical support in consultation with project technical and administration staff;
· Establish procedures for the proper control, adequate security and required authorizations for internal office equipment and materials release and return;
· Maintain a system of “first-in/first-out” for all project stored materials and supplies;
· Inspect all office furniture, equipment, materials and supply storage areas to ensure proper stocking, accountability for items stored and reconciliation, verification of inventories as applicable;
· Provide direct procurement of goods and items as directed in support of project office and other client support;
· Arrange and coordinate staff lodging and accommodation for in-country short term advisors;
· Develop and standardize procedures for receipt of IT inventory;
· Prepare monthly inventory reports;
· Maintain/repair all tools equipment before storing.
· Recruitment: advertise, identify, and interview all potential local candidates for open positions both in the office and in the field;
· Ensure that employee files are properly maintained at site and all documentation is forwarded to the employee’s corporate file;
· Facilitate HR orientation to communicate and to maintain proper awareness of key issues regarding Workplace Violence, Performance Management, and any other HR specific topics;
· Oversee the performance management program in relation to ensuring that policies and procedures are being enforced on a regular basis and proper documentation is rendered;
· Handle all employee grievances and properly processes them per policy;
· Address all benefit and other HR related items and serve as a liaison to DCOP to ensure each issue is taken care of in a timely manner;
· Conduct on-site/pre-departure Exit Interviews for all exiting staff;
Assist DCOP/COP in executing staff performance appraisals and evaluations on time.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· University degree Business Administration or other related fields;
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in administration with some bookkeeping experience;
· Excellent command of computer programs especially spreadsheet;
· Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English is highly desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.