|Date Posted:||Nov 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||35|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
HRMIS/Personnel Database is a comprehensive system which covers the entire HR functions and sub-functions (from hiring, performance appraisal, capacity building, retirement or firing etc.). The system would be integrated with the payroll and e-attendance of the MoE employees at the central and provincial level.
The HRMIS/Personnel Database Officer will be responsible to ensure the system maintenance and updating in the province. He/She shall be also responsible to ensure the accuracy and quality of the data entered into the system.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Preparation of the HRMIS/Personnel Database work plan in coordination with all human resources sectors in accordance with the HRD plan in order to achieve the goals.
· Collecting biometric and bio-graphic information, comparing information with the employee record (Sawani), enter and updating of MoE Employees information in HRMIS/Personnel Database.
· Ensure the accuracy and completeness of employee information in the system and keeping active (enable) the HRMIS/Personnel Database system in the relevant office.
· Establishing an effective mechanism for coordination and communication in the exchange of information between the HRGD and provinces.
· Generate reports to the office by using HRMIS/Personnel Database system
· Ensure that standards and criteria are met during the implementation and maintenance of the system in order to ensure the accuracy, security and effective implementation of the system
· Provide technical support to biometric and biographic data collection in close coordination with the IARCSC colleagues.
· Provide monthly, quarterly, annual reports of relevant activities and achievements to PED and HRGD based on request
· Provide technical assistance to the data collection, cleaning, cross-check, verification and dissemination process
· Prepare and sort documents / data sheets for the purpose of data entry.
· Maintain the security of the system to make the data more consistent.
· Under take database management including data collection from external partners, data import and export, data entry, and quality control.
· Ensure the maintenance and updating of the system
· Biometric data collection of the teachers and administrative staff is completed and entered into the system
· HRMIS system is updated
· Software security measures are taken to properly setup and maintained
· Data back-up and maintenance ensured
Reporting&Supervision:The Provincial HRMIS Officershall report directly to HRMIS Section Head.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant Field with knowledge of HR and Database
Experience: At least 4 years of relevant experience.
Languages: Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English is required.
Strong analytical skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Able to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities
Able to work independently or as a team member
a. The recruitment will be done through a transparent and competitive processes.
2) Work conditions
a. The HRMIS Officer will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s rules and regulation.
b. MoE will provide a proper work station at Provincial education directorate office.
a. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
b. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Director of Finance, and the Deputy Minister of Admin & Finance.
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
d. Contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need and satisfactory performance.
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 19th Nov 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters, etc. We kindly request all the applicants to mention their graduation date of the university and must clearly write the date of experiences in the CV. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: for EQRA Project Positions recruitment process please visit the Ministry of Education website: (www.moe.gov.af)