|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 13, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Safi Contracting & Services:
Safi Contracting & Services is a General Trading Company based in Kabul, Afghanistan, which has brought together some of the well-known Safi family Companies under one name, with Najibullah Safi as Company President.
The new Company has a multi-national multi-skilled and experienced management, an excellent reputation, and a skilled local workforce.
Safi Contracting & Services is an easily remembered name and has offices in Kabul, and in the Dubai in the United Arab Emirates [UAE].
The Company is properly registered in Afghanistan and in the UAE, and is trading in the following business sectors:
· - Design & Build Construction
Using qualified staff and innovative thinking, new buildings and structures are designed and fully costed to the Client’s requirements. New residential and commercial buildings together with specialist requirements [e.g. monopole aerial designs, New water and power systems for LSAs].
· - Operation & Maintenance Contractors
Many international organizations operating in Afghanistan are setting up sites which require full 24/7 operation and maintenance including catering, thus reducing the necessity for frequent movements of staff, thus reducing security risks. The Company is already successfully operating a number of O & M contracts for international security organizations.
· - Security Up-grade specialists
Naturally in this war-torn country with considerable levels of insurgency activity, security up-grades are necessary to protect staff and equipment. This work is carried out by the Company’s own skilled electricians and engineers often using state-of-the-art equipment [e.g. robust steelwork, cameras, CCTV, modern lighting systems].
· - Fuel supplier
The Company buys and stocks quality Low Sulphur diesel fuel which is delivered to local clients in the Company’s own tankers.
· - Quality International Procurement and Logistics
Procurement of quality items often presents problems due to local stockists buying mainly on price not quality, and only holding limited stocks. The Company’s procurement department has excellent contacts in neighboring countries, Europe and USA to procure specialist items [e.g. pumps, sophisticated electronics, construction materials]
· - Professional Services personnel support [management and skilled tradesmen]
This service utilizes many of the Company’s full-time staff with a wide range of skills who can be hired to carry out tasks for the client on short, medium and longer-term basis [e.g. plumbers, painters, carpenters, electricians]. A service which is particularly attractive to foreign embassies.
· - Company set-up and advice
The Company’s management is well versed in the latest regulations and taxation issues and often offers these services to new and existing clients wishing to set-up new businesses in Afghanistan.
· - Commodity Trading
Commodity trading is usually operated from the Company’s office in the UAE and covers a wide range of commodities which are procured / assembled in various locations and shipped to clients worldwide.
We are looking for a skilled Chef to prepare Indian meals according to menu.
An excellent Cook / Chef must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Supervise cooks and other food preparation workers
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- high school Diploma
- Very good communication skills
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)