|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Reference:||MoLSA-NSDP-IADC/IC/02- HR-Assistant/ 1398|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by former President H.E. Hamid Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee which consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank has decided to support NSDP/MOLSA through a new project called the Non-Formal Approach to Training, Education and Jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (IADC) in Kabul has also decided to provide funding for the expansion of NATEJA project activities with focus on the western provinces. The IADC provided initially supported the project for one year and later on the support was extended for further time till June 2019.
The HR Assistant will be working under the day to day and overall supervision HR Manager and the contract will continue till the end of December 2019 year and will be renewed subject to satisfactory performance, availability of fund and needs of project and will involve the following activities:
Requires travel to provinces:
a) Sound knowledge and understanding of the Afghanistan Labor Law, Afghanistan Civil Servants’ Law & Civil Servants’ Recruitment and Government’s administrative systems;
b) Effective communication and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English/National Languages is must (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, Government officials and consultants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in developing and execute recruitment plans in order to fill the vacant positions on a timely manner.
2. Participate and lead the recruiting and selection process and recommend the talent and potential job candidates.
3. Assist in conducting the salary negotiation with the selected candidates in accordance to the project and IADC/NSDP salary scale.
4. Conduct background check for newly hired employees with their current and previous employers.
5. Conduct briefing and orientation to the newly hired employees regarding their role & responsibilities and rule & regulation of the IADC/NSDP.
6. Keep truck of employee’s probationary and annual completion dates.
7. Keep the Afghan Government Labor Law and NSDP|MOLSA policy and procedure in place.
8. Keep and track the employees leave/vacations records.
9. Make sure the newly hired employees are registered with the attendance system.
10. Reconcile the attendance report with employees’ monthly time sheets.
11. Daily maintain of staff attendance sheet and ensure all staff is properly and timely signing the attendance sheet
12. Keep the necessary information of the expatriates in file.
13. Prepare a standard personnel file for each employee of the NSDP|MOLSA.
14. Ensure the employees personnel information is kept secure and confidential.
15. Prepares Request letter for announcement approval and appointing panel members.
16. Drafting Official letters and responding official letter received from governmental firms.
Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a) Bachelor degree with 2 years’ relevant experience or Baccalaureate degree with 4 years’ relevant experience.
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
Please note that applications received after the closing date and without mentioning title of the post applied for in subject line of the Email will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.