|Date Posted:||Sep 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 11, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment:
The Civil Service Reform Project seeks to hire a highly talented and professional Human Resources Officer to be part of the project management team with specific responsibilities for the CSRP Management support.
The HR Officer is required to be familiar with the project Human Resources management procedures.
Under the direct supervision of the Civil Service Reform Project Manager,, the incumbent will be responsible for the following principle duties:
1. Implementation of HR strategies and policies.
2. Provision of HR services.
3. Staff performance management and career development.
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
The Human Resources Officer shall report to CSRP Project Manager. He/she will submit monthly reports to CSRP Project Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
II. Performance management and facilitation of capacity building
I. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
1. Recruitment and retention of the project national staffs are in line with the existing HR regulations, policies, procedures and strategies;
2. Provision of advice and information on HR strategies, changes in procedures and application of entitlements
3. Develop and implement staffs motivational and retention policies
4. Analyze and interpret complex contract terms and conditions and advise Project Manager on their impacts
5. Preparation and updating staff procurement plant and ensuring contracts and personal files are up to date
6. Prepare and keep record of the project staff attendance, update the annual leave record on monthly basis
7. Maintaining proper filing system and ensuring all HR related documents are kept in related files
8. Introduce and facilitate orientation for the new staff members.
9. Ensures effective administration of recruitment processes of project human resources focusing organization of recruitment processes through the provision of input to preparing services requisition forms, job descriptions, short-listing process, screening of candidates and participation in interview panels.
10. Coordinate with Admin/Finance Officer in timely preparation and submission of national staff payroll.
II. Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
1. Conduct on-time probationary term and annual performance appraisal of project national staff, follow up on recommendations
2. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building in accordance to the TNA and recommendations of the performance appraisals on achievement of the following results:
-Organization of trainings for the projects staff on required issues;
-Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices
ï‚§ University Degree in Business, Public Administration, and Human Resource Management is required with at least 3 years working experience at a similar position, preferably with an international, Government and UN organizations;
ï‚§ A Master Degree in above mentioned fields with 2 years working experience is preferable.
ï‚§ Good skills of English/Dari/Pashto translation and interpretations;
ï‚§ Excellent computer skills in both English, Pashto and Dari, particularly in typing and also in creating tables in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint Presentations;
ï‚§ Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people from many nationalities and background;
ï‚§ Demonstrated experience of working to deadlines and achieving goals (Essential).
ï‚§ Relevant professional qualifications (proof of qualifications will be required to be shown at interview)
ï‚§ Ability to work successfully as part of a team
ï‚§ Ability to work with minimum supervision
ï‚§ Strong commitment to achieving results
ï‚§ At least two English speaking referees with contact details who have knowledge of the incumbentâ€™s knowledge, skills and attitudes related to Program, HRM, Budgeting, Reporting and coordinating will have to be provided along with the application form.