|Date Posted:||Sep 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Human Resources Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Specialist and/or Management and Admin Chief. The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and update accurate employee records including personnel data, leave (annual leave, sick leave, LWOP, and comp time) records, compensation, benefits records and staffing/employee lists.
2. Ensure all position descriptions are kept updated.
3. Draft vacancy announcements for the vacant positions and identify the best local sources for advertising the positions.
4. Assist in processing effective selection including employment test, back ground and reference check, preliminary and comprehensive employment interviews.
5. Prepare employment contract, contract amendment.
6. Communicate with field office staff and provide support and advice on policies and procedures.
7. Schedule interviews, constitute selection committee in coordination with the selecting office and participate in the interview process as required.
8. Conducts referral checks of the selected candidates and share the recommendations with the selection committee members.
9. Serve as key contact for the job aspirants and selected candidates. Provide information regarding the organization, vacant job and related matters.
10. File management and maintain personnel files and records on all local positions including the personnel folders for future records.
11. Type Dari and/or English letters, documents, reports and translations.
12. In the absence of HR Specialist (Administration) perform all his duties in order to ensure the continuity of operation.
13. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
â€¢ 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in human resource work, including office filing and correspondence; excellent knowledge of computer software applications including high speed Dari and English typing.
â€¢ Experience in working with a large NGOs, or International organizations would be an advantage
â€¢ High School graduate with specialized certification in Business/Public Administration or related discipline. University Degree in Business/Public Administration would be desirable.
â€¢ Minimum 2 years of experience working in human resource is required.
â€¢ Excellent knowledge (Level 3) in written and Fluent in English (Oral and Written) as well as in local languages i.e. Pashto and/or Dari
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability