|Date Posted:||Jul 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Reports to Deputy Director Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager is responsible of all HR administrative functions and be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the smooth running of HR operations in Head Office as well as provinces. Resources
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Human Resources Management
- Provide day-to-day advice to Human Resources team in Head Office, Operations Managers/Coordinators, Project Managers/Coordinators and other Afghanaid senior staff on Afghanaid Human Resources policies and procedures in order to ensure consistency.
- Advise Managers and staff on the interpretation of the Afghanaid Staff Handbook and Afghanaid Human Resources policies and procedure.
- Advise Managers and staff on disciplinary processes, managing poor performance and supporting managers through redundancy process.
- Provide Health and Safety advice to all staff and proactively carry out risk assessments, including issues on staff health and welfare.
- Implement best practice - legal responsibility relating to areas of labour law.
- Manage Afghanaid recruitment processes and provide guidance and support to all managers and Human Resources Team for a transparent and merit-based recruitment process.
- Take part in interview of senior level national and international positions.
- Make sure that the payroll prepared on time and staff get their salaries by 25th of each month.
- Make sure that leave report entered in the Microsoft Nav Dynamics systems and leave report submitted to finance team in a timely manner.
- Conduct induction to new senior level positions on Human Resources related policies and procedure.
- Attend HR related meetings in ACBAR and other organisations/Institutions
- Prepare Human Resources quarterly report
- Field visits to all Afghanaid offices at least once a year to see staff, check HR files and conduct refreshment orientation to all staff about new changes in Human Resources policies and procedures
- Make sure timely completion of staff annual performance planning and appraisal, oversee any preparation of performance-based increments.
- Ensure staff have updated job descriptions, have clarity on their responsibilities, duties, and key performance indicators.
- Make sure that annual staff capacity building plan in place and staff receive training upon affordability.
- Ensure all required staff information is computed in pre-established database.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Preparing monthly payroll and pay slips
- Preparing payroll reconciliation
- Liaise with insurance company(ies) and providing relevant information of new employee/s
- Timely informing insurance company(ies)about any incident/s when they occur to employee/s
- Timely informing finance department about new staff for medical insurance.
- Ensure that all staff medical claims are processed and staff are reimbursed accordingly.
- Preparation of annual public holidays and leave template and communicate with staff accordingly
- Prepare and disseminate quarterly leave report
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with specialisation in Human Resources or other related discipline. Knowledge of gender and how to deal with gender related matters in an international organisation.
At least 6 years’ demonstrable experience in Human Resources Management and remuneration benefits, of which at least two year should be in managerial position with national or international organisations.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable Human Resources team leader with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a) Ability to work with limited supervision
b) Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
c) Ability to demonstrate strong IT skills, including the use of in-house databases and the Microsoft Office applications
d) Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members
e) Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
f) A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g) Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h) Thinking strategically and understanding business practices, approaches, organisation, politics, and culture
i) Excellent communication skill
j) A good team player
k) Sensitivity to gender issues.
l) Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
m) Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuition and self-motivation
n) Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses
o) Active listener