|Date Posted:||Sep 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Reports to Human Resource Managers, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for day to day Human Resources Administration. She/he should make sure that all Human Resources related tasks are completed as per plan and with compliance of Human Resources policies and procedures.
Requires travel to provinces:
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, presentation, facilitation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all personnel files are properly set and all necessary documents are places in the files.
- To ensure all required information of staff are entered in HR system.
- Daily maintain of staff attendance sheet and ensure all staff is properly and timely sign in and sign out in bio-metric attendance machine.
- Uploading of jobs announcements on ACBAR, Reliefweb, Afghanaid website and any other relevant platform.
- Download all applications from the system
- Long listing of all applications/potential candidates up to Officer Level before submitting to recruiting manager.
- Call applicants for test and interviews, and facilitate the arrangements.
- Represent Human Recourses in all interviews up to Officer level positions.
- Conduct reference checks of selected candidates
- Screening of selected candidates in appropriate websites to asses an active/ indirect links to criminality and terrorism.
- Prepare offer letters, contracts and contract amendment letters.
- Make sure that all staff included new staff has the updated job description (JD) and copy of the JD are exist in their personnel files.
- Make sure that all new staff probation period objectives set and appraised immediate after probation completion.
- Inform the budget holders in advance on contracts coming to an end and ensure the respective PCN’s are submitted to HR and contract amendment letter prepared accordingly.
- Preparing letters for all staff to notify Cost of Living Adjustments and Performance based increments.
- Prepare monthly leave report and submit to finance
- Maintain all staff medical claims and report
- Maintain staff annual performance appraisals, analysis and share the report with HR Manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Fluency in written and spoken in English, Dari and Pashto
· A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Proficiency in office software applications, including spreadsheets, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
· Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
· Business oriented with a commitment to build Afghanaid’s agility and grow its reputation.
· Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
· Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.