|Date Posted:||Aug 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Human Resource Specialist will provide and support all EQRA NTAs in performance appraisal and make sure that all EQRA NTAs are appraised as per HR Policy , He / She will also follow up and track the progress of Capacity Building initiatives to Civil servants and assure the skills are transferred as plnned to help the exit strategy .
Provinces to travel:
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. Set priorities and manage time effectively
d. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and with related departments.
a. Core competencies
i. Effective human resource management skills.
ii. Effective organizational and administrative skills.
iii. Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
iv. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan.
v. Performance appraisal skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Responsibilities of Human Resource Specialist
Human Resources Specialist will work under the Senior HR Specialist. During the implementation of HR function, like performance Management Performance Appraisal, Performance Tracking etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ø Develop performance appraisal plan.
Ø Provide guidance and counseling on performance management initiatives; and developing, coordinating, and implementing workforce development.
Ø Oversees and initiate key performance measures into performance appraisal system.
Ø Analyzes and reports on measurement results.
Ø Follow up and track the progress of Capacity Building initiatives to Civil servants and assure the skills are transferred as planned to help the exit strategy
Ø Provides on going oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively and manage the operations, identify risks, and effect organizational change.
Ø Assist with developing and implementing performance improvement plans.
Ø Assesses various staffing needs to determine methods to address current and future conditions, including retention management, realignment, recruitment planning, and career development.
Ø Facilitates group discussions to perform gap analysis and needs assessment(s).
Ø Develop knowledge sharing processes and programs that encourage learning and collaboration.
Ø Train supervisors and department heads on the performance assessment system and procedure.
Ø Preparing long lists of announced positions.
Ø Participate in shortlisting with relevant departments
Ø Facilitate and coordinate with the respective departments in planning of the performance assessment of TAs on completion of their probation period and for annual assessment and performance appraisal.
Ø Analyze and develop performance assessment reports on the basis of the assessment scarried out and feed-backs provided;
Ø Ensure that the performance assessment data are entered in the HRMIS database and updated.
Ø Guide and assist TAs and supervisors in setting performance objectives for the coming year and ensure tracking of the same.
Ø Ensure that the results of the performance assessments are linked to rewards and punishments.
Ø Any other tasks assigned by Manager.
· Performance appraisal plan is developed and shared with departments on yearly basis.
· Performance appraisal for EQRA employees tracked and entered in HRMIS on yearly basis.
· Plan for transfer of skills to civil servants developed and tracked.
· Finalizing performance rating through reviews and discussion with line managers.
· Performance appraisal of EQRA staff annually is conducted
· Performance appraisal report is developed and submitted to top management annually.
· Performance appraisal training conducted for EQRA Staff and HRD civil servants when needed.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a. At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or other related fields, Master’s will be prioritized
a. At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a related field,
Must have at least two years of experience in senior positions.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Human Resource Specialist( Performance Management) will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
5. The extension of contract is subject to fund availability, organization’s need, and satisfactory performance.